Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Julia ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 04:28PM

Oh so entertaining to listen to the TBM family as a non-believer. Every single conversation revolves around the church....Here are a few Gems!...way too many to include them all.

Concerning my cousins mission call that will arrive any day..."I bet he stays state-side, unlike the past, they are keeping all of the great missionaries state-side because they need to find rich converts who can pay tithing."

Concerning my sister rediculous pantry...I asked why so much food..."my 90 day emergency food...Follow the Prophet, Follow the Prophet "...yes...she started singing in the kitchen.

Concerning Politics...."I am tired of being persecuted for my beliefs and Prop 8, I respect what the gay's believe but they will not respect what I believe."

And the Classic! 4 year old nephew's reaction to how was Halloween and Trick-or-Treating? "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat...if you don't I won't care, I'll pull down your GARMENTS"...I died.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 04:30PM

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 04:40PM

Did they actually say "rich converts so they can pay tithing"??? Or did you add that to be funny?

Posted by: Julia ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 04:54PM

"Direct Quote"...my family and all their friends are wealthy and they are obsessed with money and the church's finances...

another direct quote "you would not believe the amount of land the church is acquiring, thousands of acres around the country." Don't ask me what the point is...

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 05:01PM

I'm not sure how to respond to that.......They are TBM,.....but they know it is all about the money..........hmmmm.

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 05:05PM

Why are they so proud of that?

Posted by: Mrs. Estzerhaus ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 05:40PM

Posted by: Ms. ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 09:17PM

I've noticed that as well with my family. The richer, the holier. There is a great respect for those with money--OK, that's American, if not worldwide, but they seem to equate it with being a better person.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 06:31PM

Wow! They sound like people boasting about investing in the worlds wealthiest, most lucrative company, without realizing they aren't being paid dividends, they don't even feel entitled to them.

People wonder how/why mormons are so likely to fall into pyramid schemes? This is why!

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 07:16PM

And Monson is the sole stock holder

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 05:56PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.