Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 07:24PM

I used to work with this pretty and high-ranking government woman who had left the church. She was an RM and even had a master's degree in English from BYU. I liked her a lot, but at the time I was active LDS and disapproved of things she said.

She used to tell me stories about the apostles, with whom she had quite a bit of contact because she used to proof-read their talks for conference. She was allowed to make substantive changes to talks by lower ranking folks, but for the apostles she was only allowed to mark spelling errors. Once she found a mistake that Faust had made, so just matter-of-factly pointed it out. He exploded and let out his rage on her, accusing her of thinking he wasn't inspired.

That was pretty much it for her, so she bailed out after graduation. I now think they're a bunch of unhappy and very insecure windbags.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 12:19AM

how universally disliked the General Authorities are by their staffs and others who work closely with them for a long period of time. There are comparatively few positive stories by people who have gotten an up close and personal glimpse of these "apostles of the Lord". The reports seem to either be negative or just ... silence. In other words, some TBMs don't comment for fear of their eternal salvation. Maybe if the person just had a passing interview or encounter it might produce a positive story or two. But honest love and respect for the GA's by their intimates seems sorely lacking. Hmmmmmmmm

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.