Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dit ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 09:44PM

Just an FYI, I went to school in Denton at TWU and had the time of my life. I'd never trade the experience in a million years. Not sure if you were thinking about going to UNT or TWU but you can't lose either way. I think Denton is a great place because of how much music and new bands are there.

I take it you've told your parents you're not returning to BYU? At any rate, good luck with school.

I'm doing my masters here at Texas A&M San Antonio and have to write a 10 - 20 page paper in the next day or so...ugh!

Good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: newtothis ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:06PM

Yea, actually I received a full ride from UNT before I got accepted to BYU for music and I've really missed being in the atmosphere of music, touring, etc...

I received my mission call in September..I was called to the exact mission I wanted to go to, Barcelona Spain, and I'd leave in February, so I already technically unenrolled for my mission, I guess. So BYU isn't planning on me being back here anyways. I'm going to talk to the admissions at UNT and see what they say and also Texas A&M College Station.

My brother surprised me at my dorm tonight and we had a real discussion about what I'm thinking and he isn't trying to suade me to go on a mission or anything and fully supports me, which really helps knowing that he isn't disowning me or whatnot.

Thanks so much for the support, though. I feel really relieved but things are about to get really complicated...
I'll be sure to let you guys know how my situation unfolds.

-newtothis

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:15PM

Yeah, we been there :) Good wishes your way and know we root for you and will be here for you. I'm glad about your brother! Be patient and kind but firm in whatever you learn and decide! Remember ER, "noone can make you miserable unless you give them permission"!

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 11:17PM

When the right time comes along, you can go there for a vacation, or study abroad, or a post-graduation "grand tour." Enjoy your freedom!

Posted by: dit ( )
Date: November 10, 2010 10:36PM

OMG! A full ride to UNT and chose BYU! You know UNT is second to Julliard? Well, it sounds like you'll do fine either way, both schools are great.

Good luck, you have a bumpy road ahead and we'll be here to support you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.