Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 06:08AM

If a neighbor says they're looking for a church and wants information, then I can understand why a mormon or other church person would invite them to visit.

Or if someone is in an aggressively evangelical church, I can understand that they might invite each of their neighbors to check out whatever church they're pushing.

What I can't accept is anyone issuing another invitation once they've been turned down. That's rude. It discounts another person. It's insulting a neighbor, someone who might need to take them to the hospital or who might lend them a cup of sugar.

Perhaps some people don't mind being asked again and again if they'd like to entertain mormon missionaries or attend a mormon church. I think these folks are a slim minority.

Almost everyone I know hides from mishies or gives them a crisp no and closes the door. If a neighbor continued to harass them to try out mormonism, I'm sure that everyone I know would see their neighbor as someone to avoid and to ridicule behind their back.

Many exmormons continue to have a soft spot for mormon missionaries but the general population does not. They don't usually want to seem rude but they generally find mishies annoying. The same goes for being pressured to attend some other person's church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tiff ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 06:12AM

And I even asked her to pray for the class. It still is embarrassing to think about.

She stopped being my friend after that. Understandably.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.