Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 04:29PM

The thread here about how 'Thomas $ Midas' never served a mission because of the war tipped off a few alarm bells in my head.

He was made bishop at 23 - in his ward he had many widows. If he didn't serve because of the war, how much you want to bet that the majority of the widows in the ward he was made bishop over were WORLD WAR II WAR WIDOWS?

Makes ya wonder why a young man would visit faithfully so many young widows in his ward so often...if I was his age with that many young women who are not having sex who look up to you as their leader, it would be a temptation for sure to service ALL of their needs. I'd like to think I wouldn't do it, but that would always be a serious temptation to deal with all the time with that many widows around the same age as he was then.

No wonder he's never forgotten about it and could be using that talk as secret code to all those women that he's still thinking about them in a 'special' way still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 04:30PM by Comfortably Numb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 04:43PM

Now, let me see if I can keep myself from throwing up in my own mouth...

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: November 11, 2010 05:13PM

myself - grief has a weird way of removing every nerve from one's body for quite a long time.

No way could I contemplate any intimate encounter with anyone for a long time after my hubby died and even now I'm not sure that the prospect would move me, but I'm old so perhaps young widows are a different thing.

If Monson had managed any kind of conquest he wouldn't need to be so obsessed with 'widows'.

He strikes me as a desperado wannabe and a braggart.

We always want more of what we can't have - unless widowhood excises all feelings.

Briggy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.