Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 07:25AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50658721-76/church-behavior-homosexual-gay.html.csp

This is interesting "It also says that celibate gay Mormons who are 'worthy and qualified in every other way' should be allowed to have 'callings' or church assignments, and to participate fully in temple rituals."

Well, except the sealing rituals. Oh, and TSCC still opposes any law that protects gays against employment unless it exempts churches, so gays can have callings for TSCC, but TSCC won't employ them. Oh yeah, Evergreen seems to have magically changed from a group that tries to change the orientation of gays to an organization that "a support group that helps gay Mormons live by church standards." WTF? Get ready for the "TSCC never said that gays could change their orientation" revisionist history!

Still, this tells me that the pressure being put on TSCC by gays, including gays protesting at temples, is having an affect on TSCC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 07:30AM

The foundation stones are being laid, get ready for a revelation folks...

Posted by: blindmag ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 08:05AM

Still I bet anywhere but the big church areas gay members will still have to listen to everything about the fact they cant actualy get seald to anyone so no going to the upper bit of heaven, they find the only activities they have to attend are all single adults ones and they have to listen to all this drivel about needing to marry quick.

Nuns choose thair fate but gays dont.

Theres still no place for gay members in a church that pressures marrage so much expet for them as they arnt aloud to marry who they love.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 08:15AM

See? Just goes to show that their gospel is not solid. They change it however and whenever they see fit. 1 + 1 still equaled 2 a hundred years ago, and it does today. Truth never changes.

To me, this is proof that the church is not true. Because its constantly rewording itself everytime a big revolution is just around the corner.

To be honest though, I don't understand why gay people want to get further into the cult, in the first place. Straight people shouldn't be in it either. Why do you want to be part of a group that doesn't want to accept you?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 08:17AM by melissa3839.

Date: November 12, 2010 11:07AM

The reasons why gays want to be in TSCC is the same for anyone else.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 08:31AM

The prophet or the PR department?

Looks to me like PR is running it these days.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:00AM

For example, the 1998 CHI stated that the number and timing of children was a personal matter between the couple and the Lord. At the same time, the church officially and unofficially pushed the idea that members should have children soon and often.

So I'm not holding my breath for a kinder, gentler treatment of gay people.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:30AM

Stray Mutt Wrote:

> ..So I'm not holding my breath for a kinder, gentler
> treatment of gay people.

Exactly. But the church wants the general public to think it is kinder and gentler. To the non-mormon world a mainstream illusion of reason and kindness, but within the church, the same old meanness and prejudice.

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 09:15AM

OK, does anyone have access to it yet to pass out amongst us?

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:39AM

I hear the new handbook is coming out tomorrow at a world-wide training meeting.
You have to turn in the old CHI to get the new one.

Date: November 12, 2010 09:32PM

Latter down the road when all the LDSers are claiming they always treated gays this way nobody will be able to go back to the old CHI and point out the changes.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:13AM

This new church language doesn't rerally change anything.

Date: November 12, 2010 11:30AM

So it is moving further away from the electro shock days and away from the gay to straight conversion therapy used by Evergreen.

Posted by: Verdacht ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:20AM

Stake Presidency? Bishopric?

Posted by: badseed ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:24AM

Will it take a long time? Probably. But something is better than nothing.

Date: November 12, 2010 11:28AM

I am starting to think that they may just change their story until the only thing left is gay marriage for TBMs in the temple. I think they may eventually drop challenges to legal gay marriages without resorting to a revelation. I think it a long time before we see a revelation that would allow gays to marry in the temple.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 11:43AM

I googled Evergreen.
It still scares me......I've heard terrible stories about it.
And there's a facebook page for Evergreen International
I thought about hitting like so it would show up on my facebook page and I could make some "soft" comments.

K

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.