Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 03:29PM

So all this talk about Marie's son has made me want to tell my story and put my two cents worth in.

I have a cousin who is ULTRA TBM. She met her husband while they were both on their missions. They married and had 9 children and have been completely submerged in the church ever since. Recently they had a church thing to go to one evening and as they were on their way their 21 year old son called them and said he really needed to talk, he was in a crisis. They told him to sit tight they had to go to this church thingy and they would talk as soon as they got home. Well, it turns out that he really was in a crisis and by the time they got home from their church thingy he had committed suicide.

Waling and crying and gnashing of teeth but in the end, the real truth of the matter was that he was gay. He never went on a mission, the only one of all their boys who didn't go, and he has struggled with his feelings his whole life because his parents were so busy being ultra TBMs that they didn't take the time to really know him and try to understand his feelings. That is so typical of morgbots and those young people our society loses because of this screwed up organization.

I know there are those here who will disagree but it has been my experience that the morg has caused more youth deaths through its lies and fraud than just about any other cause of youth death in our society. In my life I have known personally 11 young people who have committed suicide because they were gay, compared to zero that I have personally known to have died of other causes such as drugs or alcohol or whatever. Now, before you jump all over me, I admit that I have lived in the moridor for a very long time so my experience has been skewed but I can't help but morn for all the talent and wonderful things this world has lost because of all the young people who have committed suicide because the morg made them feel worthless and outcast and just plain sad.

I abhor the morg for all the lives it has destroyed. Why can't I leave the morg alone? Because it is an evil organization and it has destroyed the lives of countless people and it just keeps on doing the same screwed up thing without ever being forced to accept responsibility for the crap it doles out. This church was founded by a sexual deviant with a penchant for story telling and charisma for convincing people to follow him. Rigdon picked him because of his flare and charisma. Brigham was a narrow minded, mean, racist, bigoted, chauvinist who took what Joseph started and expanded it into what it is today. The morg is a self centered organization with no more interest than that of money and power. It doesn't care about the lives is destroys, or about the people it depends on for all of its money. It cares about how it can expand itself and get more people to give it more money and how it can gain more power in more countries of the world. Its interests are expansion and money and power, not people.

So yes, I blame the morg for the deaths of Marie's son and for the death of my cousin and for the deaths of all those people lost because of the way they were treated by the morg, and for all those we have yet to lose because of this effed up organization.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 03:35PM

Somehow I get the impression your cousin is going to blame her son for all his problems and not realize that she and her husband contributed to this sorrowful event.

A virtual hug (if you'd accept it) to you and the hope that you can work out the pain and grief it sounds like you're feeling with regards to this one human being.

And as far as your cousin and her husband, I am totally at a loss for words.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 12, 2010 04:49PM

If it is any consolation, grief does cut through bullsh*t.

The cruelty of the morg attitude and the callousness of those who will offer no reassurance of a reunion in heaven can't help but increase their pain. Receiving conditional love and support at such a terrible time when they have undoubtedly been to the effusive "celebrations of so-and-so's life" where the death is framed as a temporary separation...ouch.

Ward members will not know what to say. People stop talking about the dead son because they don't really know what to say--it's bad enough for an accidental death, but a suicide? And one where there's homosexuality involved? That mother will think about that good son every day for the rest of her life...and one morning she may have this thought:

Except for the treatment and policy of this church, my son would be alive today. It could set the whole family free.

Good luck with your sadness. There is no one reading this board that hasn't sworn out loud when reading about a wasted life, a suicide over feelings of complete worthlessness for nothing. NOTHING!

If there is a God (and I kinda doubt it), the blood of these children cries out for justice.Hope I live long enough to see it.

Anagrammy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.