Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:22PM

And yesterday I found this article on my parents fridge http://www.meridianmagazine.com/parenting/article/6112?ac=1
And again the morg makes parents feel it's all their fault for the kids leaving. And if they do more temple work the kids will go back. I'm never going back to being mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:23PM

The link didn't work?

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 12:34PM

So now the parents can follow the scriptures--to what purpose, pray tell? The kids haven't returned, but the parents detect a "softening?" So f*****g what?

Never-saw-such-a-concentration-of-bullshit-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 01:22PM

That story on the fridge is sickening on so many levels.

Parents control their children by instilling guilt for not behaving like they think they should, for causing grief or stress because they have a Mormon image of how everyone in the family should be. And that church instills that guilt through sickening storys like the one you posted.

Your parents, rather than talk with you face to face, put some church "faith promoting" story on the fridge hoping you'll read it, feel their pain, have your conscience pricked, change your wayward behaviour and come back to the church.

Mormon parent guilt mantra is the scripture:- "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is grown he will not depart from it."

Happy for you that you were able to resign.

Posted by: Ex Aedibus ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 01:25PM

My mom told me that she had a spiritual witness that I'd be with them in the CK. This despite having resigned from the Mormon church.

But maybe this is why she goes to the temple so much, other than the fact it is 40 miles from her house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.