Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:34AM

So my wife is fully cognizant of my non belief, also, she knows I am willing to still play the part, and she wishes for me to do so.

Last night I was asked to give a blessing to a sick sister. I could not find anyone close to assist so I went and gave the blessing myself, doing both anointing and sealing with oil and gave a heartfelt and wonderful blessing(I would have made a great snake oil salesman).

My wife went to see her shortly after the blessing and it and it was a miracle!! She was up moving around, eating, doing all the things she has not had the strength to do. I just looked at my wife when she told me and said, now that is a miracle!

I think this is the best way to show her how fraudulent the church is, and how much it relies on feelings instead of rational thought.

She did say when she was in the temple on Friday all the "ugliness" that I told her about the temple kept filling her brain as she was trying to feel the spirit. Let's hope it does not take her 20 years to feel her way out of it!

I have realized just because she lives the way she wants, does not mean she is not holding on to some beliefs. And I also realize I don't care. As long as I keep deprogramming the kids as fast as I can, and the morg keep mainstreaming the church, eventually it will just be a cultural thing they grew up with, and not the life killing, soul sucking, misery inducing, guilt pounding experience that many on this board have found it to be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 11:41AM

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: October 24, 2011 12:35PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.