Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 05:38PM

...now as an ExMo...when your last day ultimately comes to visit you...just how do you hope that you will be remembered by your TBM friends and family but most especially by the youngsters in your life (grandkids, nephews, nieces et al) that you know and love even though they are being brainwashed by their parents with Moronism.

What are you hoping that your life's example will ultimately mean to them and stand for them even though unlike them YOU went against the grain of your congenital Moronism???

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AxelDC ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:04PM

I've always thought my last day would be spent in bed, staring at the ceiling, probably not even aware of what's going on.

I plan to be very, very old when I die, so my last day should be pretty boring. Life expectancy calculators give me 88 years, but I'm shooting for 92.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:09PM

But while I'm still alive, I hope they remember me for my sense of humor and my love.

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 11:10PM

that I was a nice guy who pretty much got along with everybody.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:37PM

On my last day of life (if I knew it was my last day alive) I wouldn't go to work, I wouldn't maintain a budget, I would care if the food I ate was healthy, I wouldn't do laundry or clean my house, I wouldn't pay my bills, etc.. There is a whole list of responsible things I currently do that I would not do.

Now, if I were to live "Each Day" that way, well, I would end up homeless. Sorry, but I have always thought "Live Each Day As If It's Your Last Because Someday It Will Be" was very bad advice.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:44PM

OK, so how about appreciating, and enjoying, each day as if it was your last?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 03:58AM

To enjoy my last day to its fullest, I'm certainly not going into work.

Any "Live Each Day As If It's Your Last..." sort of nonsense would be bad advice for most people, because most people would not go to work on their last day alive.

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:31PM

The Pharisee mentality, standing for small-minded literalness ("born again"? you mean enter into a womb and emerge...?), would read that "Live each day..." admonition as advice to blow your savings, distribute to your heirs, etc.--that is, interpret it purely physically. It is really about taking the Big Picture mindset ("Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's ALL small stuff"). Follow your kind impulses, be grateful, don't hold grievances or let resentment simmer.

Sorry if this sounds too obvious, but our typical day is spent stumbling over the trees instead of viewing the forest. The "last day" would presumable reveal how petty and beside the point this is, so...why not see that now and live the Big Picture every day?

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:41PM

I honestly don't care if my descendants, or any one else, remembers me for anything at all. I know DW loves me, that's enough.

If they do remember anything, I hope they remember the importance of liberation. I hope they feel loved.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 03:16AM

I'd better have the house looking good for the funeral, and the fridge full of good food, a burial outfit picked out, the pets fed, the yard watered, my nails done and my hair looking nice. What if I die in the middle of a project, and the walls are half-painted, or piles of papers all over my office? What if I haven't erased my hard drive, and someone finds all my rants on RFM?

This would be a horrible way to live! It is a recipe for anxiety and depression, IMO.

This is NOT the same as living in the moment. Living in the moment is appreciating where you are right now, and not concentrating on death and the hereafter all the time.

Trying to "be remembered" a certain way, to me right now, might force me into yet another role-playing situation. Like so many Mormon women I know, I would be collecting as many callings, titles, awards, friends, possessions, and photos of myself as humanly possible. (Building my own pyramid, so to speak) I'm concentrating on just being myself, being a good mother, working hard in my career, and doing the task at hand.

I am in no mood to write my own obituary--and probably never will be.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 09:00PM

I may be a little fashion, but I try to find somebody every day and I can to some small or large thing to help them in their life. Not for a mansion, not for gold tapes streets, not for a resurrected body, not for being a god, I'm just trying to be a decent human being. I can't wait to get two outer darkness, that's where my friends and associates will be.

Posted by: allwhowander ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 09:23PM

I think I understand what you are asking, BTDTEM. As to how I think I will be remembered I hope they remember my unconditional love and acceptance, the fact that I am the only person in the family that remembers birthdays and sends a card, and that I am generous and noncritical. What they probably will remember is how'sad' it was that I left TSCC.

Coincidently, I recently overheard my TBM nieces talking about someone in their ward who died, and the only comment made about her at the funeral was, "She kept a very clean house." This niece said what a compliment it would be to her to have that comment made at her funeral. I promise it will not be said at mine!

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:41AM

My last request is to be cremated, flushed down the toilet at the mortuary, so I can be with my family and friends. Also it avoids exwives from peeing on my tombstone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.