Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:18PM

(Mormons accuse Exmormons of leaving the church because we were, offended and expressing a juvenile tantrum, rather than examine the faculties of the Mormon mythos vs reality). There's nothing wrong with a religion, or the right to believe. But it is your own best interests to deeply examine the epistemological reasons that give foundation to your faith. If it's true.... it's true. If it's false, it's false.

-infantcide (MMM)
-racism? a very offensive
-genocide (the natives)
-homophobia.
-archaic shock treatments? (homophobia).
-PEDOPHILIA (polygamy, sexual abuses today)
-Cutting off men's nuts and nailing them to the door??!?!??!
-life shattering kleptomania?
-Mysognistic madness, leading Mollies to consume enough medication and sedatives to subdue Macho King Randy Savage with a roid rage fit, or a charging rhino.
-kleptomania, stealing God's hard earned money, designed to better the people of Utah, SLC, with charitable programs. Not strange looking buildings that LEHI SAW. lol in his bad mush trip.

Who can not turn their stomach to these GROSS injustices? They are not compatible with civilized and decent society.

killing children!?!??!? (and no You don't want to know what they did with the bodies!).

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 24, 2010 12:32PM

meow meow.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:37PM

Date: October 01, 2010 12:48AM

The Early Mormon settlers were very homicidal with the Paiutes.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 01:10PM

Lots of it done in the name of doing what human beings claim some deity demands of them.

I don't know where anyone would live and not see or hear of almost all of that list. Just watch TV! It's what some human beings do to one another - and worse.

Of course, we all have our free will choice!

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 01:58PM

can make you commit atrocities – Voltaire

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 10:32AM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 04:45PM

I really don't get these comments of yours, SusieQ. You come across as using the logical fallacy appeal to popularity or appeal to tradition to excuse the atrocities of the Mormons. Yep, MOST religions and cultures have atrocities -- they're all wrong and all worth pointing out and decrying lest they be repeated.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 02:41AM

I didn't see SusieQ#1 excusing anything. I saw no appeal to either popularity or tradition. There's a huge difference between describing things and condoning things.

Date: October 01, 2010 10:38AM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't see SusieQ#1 excusing anything. I saw no
> appeal to either popularity or tradition. There's
> a huge difference between describing things and
> condoning things.

Exactly. Human beings are going to continue to live polygamy in some part of the world, whether it's legal or not as they always have. It's their tradition. It's right and correct for them.

Clearly, I don't choose it for myself.
Others? They will continue to do what they prefer if they can.
It's right, correct, appropriate for them. I have no power over their choices. They don't care about my personal opinions! :-)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 04:52PM

Other then the things you mentioned was there any other reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 04:52PM by get her done.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 08:18AM

Yes it is true that the great unwashed masses to whom the gospel must go wre still comitting these atrocities, and yes there is a great deal of wickedness in the world. That is why there is such a great need for the LDS Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Mormons know better, have the very words of God for their ready reference. Because Jesus and his Father appeared in person in theis last dispensation to give power and authority to br ministers of God with full Priesthood authority and because the apostles and prophets are spokesmen for God (not like those other world churches) and because the LDS prophets since Joseph Smith have had personal revelations and visitations from Jesus Christ, and because Jesus Christ sits personally at the head of the LDS church and the Prophets answer to Him-,
BECAUSE OF ALL THESE THINGS which make Mormonism the light unto a world wrapped in darkness, there is NO excuse for mormons to behave this way.

That is, IF everything in paragraph 2 was true.

Date: October 01, 2010 10:32AM

just like everyone else. Anything one human being can do, so can another.
Much of what we observe and experience that is contrary to the teachings of religion is human beings beings..well...human!
All of us deviate from our claimed beliefs or behaviors from time to time. That's part of being human.
That's partially because religious beliefs (Mormonism included) tend to be concrete with little variation.
Humans are full of variation. It's our emotional attachment to those expectations that we create out of our beliefs that can often bring us the greatest disappointment and unhappiness as human beings especially religious ones, tend to fall short of OUR expectations. Then who is upset, and angry? We are.:-)
I explained that in detail in the post on How a Little Bit of Buddhism helped my Exit Process.

To be absolutely clear, my comments are predominately about observations, describing what I and others observe and experience.

My comments are predominately observations,stating factual historical or current observations, and so on; not judgments about what is right, or wrong, sinful,condoning, acceptable, etc. Those are opinions.

There are many varying opinions.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 12:41PM

And its so close to home too!

Oh never mind, they already have your Gospel. The original pure and correct one which you get to practice in the CT

Date: October 01, 2010 04:07PM

If you are referring to me, please note the last sentence in that post.

Because the what is in the 2nd paragraph is not true, it is not surprising to see mormons engaged in such activities.

Date: October 01, 2010 10:45AM

That will usually get a snicker or laugh. Often people, particularly Mormons spouting some robotic answer will realize how silly and goofy they sound after a comment like mine.
And, in my case, it worked quite well.
The girl thought about what I said and then laughed!

It was a gentle way of letting the member know they were repeating a really ridiculous statement that was not even reasonable.

Date: October 01, 2010 02:56PM

Meadows Mountain Massacre! The Danites shot lots of kids Brandy.

Date: October 01, 2010 03:17PM

The killers also included regular members of the priesthood, Bishops, Stake Presidents, one President of the Seventy. And at least one ASpostle was involved in the planning.

Date: October 02, 2010 02:02AM

Not to mention the Prophet of God. Brigham Young.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 01, 2010 05:53PM

Being offended by exploitive, manipulative, abusive behavior demonstrates a healthy self-esteem and a mature understanding of appropriate social behavior.

Hurray for being offended!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.