Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: soli7 ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 02:40PM

Does anyone here know anything about Azrael or his book the "Song of God"? According to the rss feed, the whole book was recently made available to read on the website:

http://songofgod.com/scriptures/index.html

I like this quote – apparently it’s one of the basic beliefs of the group forming around Azrael's teachings:

“In order for faith to be real and acceptable to God, then such a faith must always acknowledge the believer’s right to walk away from that faith without any judgment or condemnation from God, or from God’s appointed church. True faith, justified faith, is always about choice; for it is the freedom to choose that makes a faith powerful. It is not correct doctrine which empowers the believer, but rather the freedom to choose, and in the choosing, faith becomes the gift we give ourselves.” -Basic Beliefs #13

This type of religious thinking is refreshing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 03:48PM

Azrael was born Archie Dean Wood. In 1979 Heavenly Father and Mother appeared to him four days and three nights in succession. He preaches in public parks in Boise, Idaho.

For videos of his sermons, see http://www.youtube.com/user/AZTeachings

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 12:59PM

Very clever to include Heavenly Mother this time to help reel in the women folk who are tiring of the patriarchal system. Throw them a bone. Why not?

At least he is updating Mormonism. Rusty should take a note.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 03:53PM

to the park by accident. You know, because somebody didn't want to ask for directions.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 04:00PM

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: November 16, 2011 04:43PM

It appears to be mormonism mixed with UU's. At first it seems to be a nice benevolent set of ideas that combine a originally human anthropomorphic god and the concept of eternal progression with reincarnation and a nice emphasis on communion and community.

Even the sex thing is thrown in allowing that "whenever sexual expressions are rooted in love, respect, and mutual consent, there is no sin." Sounds good to me!

There are plenty of attacks on mormonism with sermons about the evils of mormonism or the dishonesty of mormon leaders.

Naturally though, when you get around to the requirements of membership, there is the unavoidable cult revealing itself and the requirements are simple: "three covenants, which covenants are: Discipleship, Fellowship, and Tithe."

OOPS, there is that nasty need for your money to be in harmony with god again, darn it!. I'm also betting there is quite a bit of small print once you get under the covers to be able to qualify as a disciple, but OF COURSE, this is not disclosed nor is the tithing RATE disclosed either.

Effing cults.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 07:36AM

After all, it's written in "King James Version" English, the type we all know God prefers...

Will would-be prophets never learn?

Posted by: Joshua ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 12:35PM

This book is amazing, regardless of what people have to say. I’ve had encounters myself and found a lot of truth here. For once. I thank God dearly

Date: July 06, 2022 12:56PM

Well. We would never take that as doing a little shilling. No.

This would seem to some as a great place to find followers for a new messiah, but, alas, probably not. Once you stand back, it's all the same view.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 01:07PM

And behold, Joshua did google; and it came to pass that he uncovered an 11-year-old zombie thread, and did add unto it…

And lo, others rolled their eyes, and palmed their faces, and shook their damn heads at the simple and credulous faith, yea, even the naïveté, of the one named Joshua.

Date: July 06, 2022 02:18PM

Haha. I always forget to look at the dates. Get's me almost every time.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 12:40PM

You might be free to walk away without judgment, but he still speaks of "God's appointed church" which to me, smacks of arrogance. If there is a God, why would s/he limit himself or herself?

Date: July 06, 2022 12:41PM

A new flavor of frosting to dress up the same tired old cake.
This time with sprinkles. Yay!

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 12:52PM

The world is never in short supply of holy men.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 06, 2022 04:10PM

How come there never are any Black nouveau Joe Smiths? Have there been any Lamanite pretenders to Joe's throne?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.