Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:23PM

guys.. take a hour and watch this.. it's great.

The TSCC must hate this program.. Doris Hansen tells it like it is and backs it up with mostly Mo Scripture and JofD.
Last weeks show was the greatest.. 4 RMs told their stories... see link, some great previous shows.

http://www.whatloveisthis.tv/

I'd be interested to know what you think. Not affiliated just really enjoy hearing the truth from someone raised in and got out of the Mo and polygamy. She opens up the phones 1/2 way thru and takes on the Mo... it's great.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 09:32PM

I'm not in the US. Is this available on youtube or some other host site? thanks.

The Poster formerly known as Charles, Buddhist Punk

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:23AM

http://www.whatloveisthis.tv/ep337.htm

Be aware that Doris (the host) and the former Mormon RM guests on the show are Christian.

The former RM guests on the show had no hesitation to reveal the tactics the Mormon Church uses to ease trusting investigators into Mormonism, or to state what they had and had not been taught about Church doctrine and history.

One RM said that he did not know during or after his mission, and did not find out until he had left the church, that Joseph Smith had 34 wives!

Date: September 23, 2010 09:44PM

http://www.whatloveisthis.tv/archive.htm

post up what you think... last thurs was great if ya get a chance to watch it online.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:54PM

Where do I send the bill for the brand new bullchip filters?

Seriously, this was on a "Faith" channel, and the ex-Mormon and the moderator looked liked they couldn't tie their shoes without checking the Bible...

Do I need to consult writings written two thousand years ago by superstitious people to determine whether people should generally remain monogamous? It isn't enough that the overwhelming majority of cultures on the planet have strong sanctions favoring pair-bond partnerships?

And in its own way, the Bible is every bit as anachronistic as the BOM... Probably more so--albeit not by much--since the story of a resurrected dead person strains credibility more than an ancient people somehow managing to secret some metallic records after somehow managing an improbable ocean voyage...

I may have learned something, though... My father, who was as TBM as they come until around age 20 when he ceased believing, always spoke of the importance of "thinking for one's self."

I think that's a value he acquired as a result of his experiences; having grown up essentially non-Mo--with the baptism option available and pretty much mostly Mormon friends--it's outside my experience. I respect the "spiritual and ethical values" of much of the Bible; they've proven durable over time, and many who've followed them have led admirable lives (many haven't, of course).

But I'm of the belief that careful thought, education, and dialogue with respected others are far more important in determining values and actions than scripture.

Date: September 24, 2010 12:36AM

SL Cabbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where do I send the bill for the brand new
> bullchip filters?

Sorry Cabbie... my referral for tonight's episode was not one of the better shows. Doris in uber Christian but she make some good points and argues them with the Mo callers. The bible is the only tool the Mo will often partially accept. She does get people thinking. Check out the episode mentioned above with the four Rms. Pretty good stuff for the morridor in my opinion. If it gets people to use their critical thinking skilz... its gets my vote.
Your mileage may vary!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.