Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 03:46PM

AP-Salt Lake Citywok-

In a move to shore up it's financial situation, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints will now start tacking on a 50 dollar 'moving fee' for any time the Elders Quorum of High Priest Group members are used to help a member of the congregation move in or out. The money will of course be required to be sent directly to Church headquarters where the proper priesthood channels will be able to pray over it to decide where best the money can be used to buy donuts for Thomas S. Monson, er....to help with other service in 3rd world countries.

In related news, Ward level potluck dinners, and other performances such as Talent Shows and Road Shows will start requiring a 5 Dollar entrance fee. This money will be used to set off the overcharges of the Salt Lake City Downtown Mall, er...scratch that, to also help needy people in South America.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 04:42PM

ROTFLMAO

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 04:47PM

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Huh? Is there fact behind your humor?

Our new neighbors moved in a few days ago. My son asked, "Are they Mormon?"

I said, "I doubt it. They used a professional moving service."

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 05:14PM

At first I go "what??"

Then I go "hahahaha, rofl!"

I love you Primus.

Posted by: safado53 ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 06:13PM

hahaha....funny stuff. That was one of the things I hated about EQ. Every flippin' week there was move to do. The moves took up a good chunk of Saturday, then on to church Sunday.I remember one move where the family that asked for the help didn't even pack up a single box. The EQ had to box everything and move it.I wasn't too happy that day. Weekend's sucked in the church!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 06:39PM

WE moved to a new house within the same ward a few months ago. I think the EQP was all geared up to use our move as a ward love bomb. He mentioned it to us several times. Kept asking us when our moving date was.

We hired movers. Not one single mormon in sight.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 07:02PM

We did the move on a Sunday, so there went that idea.

Posted by: dominikki ( )
Date: November 29, 2011 07:07PM

When DH and I moved into our new house a few months ago (same small town, just a block or two down the road from our old house) not one mormon showed up to help but they all showed up a couple of days after the move to see if we needed help moving anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.