Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exBP ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 08:25PM

My wife and 2 step kids have taken the plunge to get their names removed from TSCC. So, DW and DD get their letter from Dodge saying their names are off, blah, blah, blah...but DS does not get his letter. Being the assertive SOB that I can be when it comes to the morg and not giving a shit about how important these morg reps think they are, I call the COB to find out what is the delay. COB rep tells me that DS is 17 and still a minor and DW must send a notarized letter stating she has sole custody (which she does). I proceed to tell this obstinate horse's ass that we will do no such thing, that DS' resignation was effective upon the SP's receipt of said letter. Obstinate ass proceeds to tells me that he must follow church protocols to which I respond that the law of the land trumps church protocols - they were notified and it is effective upon their receipt. I tell obstinate ass to have Greg Dodge call me so I can explain it to him as well. Rep tells me he will "give him the message." Following is an email I sent to the stake clerk with a copy to the SP:

>>>>>>

xxxxxx,

I spoke to the membership division at the COB in SLC today about xxxxxx’s name removal and, as I suspected, they are making an issue of xxxxxx being a minor still (xxxxx is 17). They tell me that my wife will have to send them a notarized letter stating that she has sole legal custody of xxxxx (which she does). I explained to the gentleman at the COB that xxxxxx resignation was legally effective upon xxxxxxxxx’s receipt of his letter. xxxxxx signed the letter and my wife signed his letter. This is sufficient and we should not be asked to jump through additional hoops. I asked the individual I spoke with to have Greg Dodge (the manager of the membership division at COB) to call me to discuss this issue further and I will explain the same thing to him.

We have put forth a good-faith effort to comply with the mormon church’s “procedures” and have gone beyond what we are legally required to do to resign from an organization. Honestly, I am fed up with the arrogance and condescension I get from many people in Mormonism (which I got today from the COB) and I want this issue resolved immediately, without further delay, and without any further hoops to jump through.

xxxxxxx, I know my language has been sharp but know that I have no animosity towards you personally. I am asking that your leadership not test my resolve to see this matter through.

If you would like to call Mr. Dodge yourself he may be more receptive to you as my patience with this whole situation and the corresponding attitudes is gone. His direct line is 801-240-1462.

xxxxxx

>>>>>>>

So far no response. What are my options? I don't think we should have to send these horse's asses anything further.

Richard Packham, I especially want your response.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 10:02PM

Then how come you can join the church well below legal age but must be of legal majority to leave? I always used to get in fights with my sister because I insisted my kids would have to be at least 12 years old and fully aware of the committment they were making before I'd let them get baptized.

You can be barely aware of what you are doing and what TSCC teaches BEFORE you join but TSCC church makes leaving a legalistic affair. Hogwash !!!

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 10:06PM

this crazy cult is trying to unduly influence the mind of your minor son . . .

Negative publicity always persuades these idiots to back off.

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: November 16, 2010 11:34PM

After having left the TSCC, I checked into several churches (after a year or so break). When some didn't suit me I left w/o being chased or harrassed (or having to go trough cracy paper-work, which sounded like resigning from a job). Some said, they hated to see me leave and that they hope I visit sometime, or, that they pray I find what I'm looking for, or if I ever need something togive them a 'holler' etc, but this is just ridiculous! I send my resignation and never got a letter to that effect. Oh well! My mom ust quit going and now she shows up on the church owned ancestry list after she passed, along with my grandparents,which never even heard of Mormons, but, which I bet were dead dunked :(

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 09:59AM

Do tell us how that goes? all of us here have had some encouter with him, but usually in a form letter. You get to communicate with him in the flesh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.