Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:59AM

I recently relocated for work from Utah to the lands controlled by the Terminator. Not surprisingly I get axed a lot if I was Mormon. I tell them that I am an apostate, and most of my coworkers know about this.
Anywho, our office just got a new worker who is from Salt Lake, and a bunch of us went out together to welcome his ass to the office.
We got to talking and I told him that he'd get "asked THE question" a lot out here. He smiled knowing what I meant and just said, "well, I am just so you know. And I'm used to it."
I responded, "I figured, and I don't mean to start anything, but I'm an apostate, just so you know. And the office knows, so better it come from me now."
Oddly at this, he sincerely asked, "what happened?" without any judgement in his voice.
I didn't feel overcome with the full penetration of the Spirit's sweet hot burning so deep inside my bosom to relate everything, so I just said half-articulately, "A lot of little pieces, dude."
And he just sat there, pondering my simple and humble untestimony for a bit until we started talking about other stuff.
At the end of the night I gave him my number so that he could contact me with any questions as he relocated, and he was grateful for the offer.
He really seemed to be curious to know more, and I might get a chance to preach the un-gospel to him if his heart is open to the temptations of Satan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 24, 2010 11:04AM

Oh, how sad. No one liked your story, Raptorjesus.

That's ok, I still love you.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 11:10AM

Posted by: koemi ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 11:52AM

I would bet he's open to hearing what you have to say on the topic. Just the fact that he didn't automatically assume you're reason for leaving was because you couldn't keep the commandments or some other BS shows that he's thinking. Thinking is good!

When I found out that my sister had told my niece that I left the church because I wanted to sin I got so mad! I told her off, letting her know that it wasn't my weakness of will but rather my strength of it that led me away from the "gospel" after some serious contemplation. We talked about more and she has since stopped going. Yup, this is what real missionary work is!

Speaking of which...did you ever find the analogy of missionary work as 'fishing' and 'hunting' odd as that implies a predator/prey relationship...and killing?

Date: September 24, 2010 12:16PM

One, thanks Heidi, I'm at work too. Just not super busy, so I come and hang out here. And by hang out, fish for validation.

Two, Koemi, you are completely right about those hunting analogies, but I never really liked most of the metaphors that the "scriptures" use.

Sheep good, goats bad. Right hand good, left hand destroyed (I'm left handed, jerk!)

Hunting, killing, submission, subservience, lack of thinking, lack of challenging-- don't you step out of line! Be ignorant and poor, and happy with that-- but give us your will and your money! We know what to do with them better than you ever would. The authorities are the dominant species, and you are docile weak creatures that we feed off of.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:57AM

Great threat, thank you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.