Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 09:09AM

frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on yet with the rest of Christendom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blackholesun ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 09:29AM

Its just a matter of time until the Mormon aversion to crosses becomes 'folklore' and 'we don't teach that'. As usual, the Mormons will end up apeing apostate Christianity rather than the opposite. They already do with Christmas, the KJV, steeples on churches, etc.

Date: December 11, 2011 10:22AM

In addition to the garment marks let's not forget the beehive. Whenever I see a beehive/bee ornament or picture in a home I think 'These fine folk must be Christians'. After all, what better symbolizes the Christian ideal than mindless worker bees slaving away for the queen mother?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 10:37AM

...female worker bees building the hive, feeding the queen's larvae and foraging for food, while the male drones (who are fatherless) hang around waiting for a new queen to hatch so they can try to impregnate her, then die because their dicks break off.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 10:44AM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...female worker bees building the hive, feeding
> the queen's larvae and foraging for food, while
> the male drones (who are fatherless) hang around
> waiting for a new queen to hatch so they can try
> to impregnate her, then die because their dicks
> break off.

I know many women with dickless husbands. No I know why.

Date: December 11, 2011 10:46AM

What beautiful symbolism for the Christian life! Why hasn't the rest of Christianity adopted it? Must be jealousy of the one true church.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 02:41PM

It's an interesting study -- religious symbolism and how many times the same symbols are used to mean different things.

It's also an interesting to note how territorial religious groups are about the absolute unique truth/rightness of their use of the same symbols.

The same theme continues: my god is better than your god, mine is right and you are wrong.
I doubt this theme will every go away! It's the same game that has been played for thousands and thousands of years.
In fact, those in power decide, all too often (in history) which religion is right and therefore, part of the government.
It's still done today.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 03:07PM

Joe Smith and his MORmONS really are at the top of the stupid heap for being most stupid/ backwards on this one. The Masonic penalties are also the keys & tokens for rejecting the claimed ressurection of the Jewish Messiah, the key to xtianity.

The gnostics, where the masonic ritual originated in the backlash of catholic /xtian oppression, rejected the claims of the ressurection because Jesus did not suffer the brutality that MORmONS are so fond of, that of having his throat cut/ being decapitated. ( see BOM 1st 4 chapts & LDS temple endowment pre 1990) or having his heart cut out, or bowels spilt on the ground. IF that had happened they would take the resurrection acount much more seriously instead of seeing as just another incidence of someone who managed to survive crucifiction.

Dont forget Joe's plan originally called for cutting or branding the marks into the skin but some of the women folk rejected that notion.

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:02PM

Hey lucky, I have heard about this before, but never got a source on it. Do you possibly have a source on the planned skin cutting?

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:15PM

Steve Benson regularly re cycles his well documented and very worthwhile write up /post
on how Joe Planned to permanently mark his MORmON followers by cutting the marks (or branding them) into their hide. (right here on good old RFM!)

Apparently Emma and some others strenuously objected to the concept. they shot down the plan.

Remember that the masonic lodge is a paternal organization.
paternal as in a bunch of men. cutting up the women folk in this manner had added implications. Joe discounted that.
Others did not.

The only thing I wonder about is how Joe skirted having this done to himself FIRST since he thought it was such a great idea.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:12PM

Yes, cutting symbols in the body is an old tradition that is practiced in some tribes in Africa even today, including female circumcision. (I watch way too much Nat/Geo! )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarification

So, I don't find it odd at all that there would be some discussion at least about this type of cutting in the original history of the LDS Church.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 03:44PM

Mormons try to define it by their temple rites, sure. It isn't any more or less "Christian" than putting a fish on your car.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:50PM

snb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mormons try to define it by their temple rites,
> sure. It isn't any more or less "Christian" than
> putting a fish on your car.

Exactly! :-) I see symbols on cars and wonder: WHAT??

Posted by: Scooter ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 05:38PM

so I guess there is an analogy.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 01:56AM

Mormons aren't unique in their desire to shove their religion down other people's throats.

Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:18PM

Well, when you think about it, nipples are really sensitive.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 12, 2011 02:16AM

I've been stuck home all day with a bad head cold, doped up on Theraflu and this thread is the only time all day I've laughed out loud. More than once. And it was probably more beneficial than the Theraflu.

For the record, my favorite symbol was spotted in a Deseret Book store window last summer. They had a stained glass upside down star in a circle hanging in a window. An exact replica of the cover of the Satanic Bible. Nothing screams Christian like someone who won't hang a cross in their house but will hang a stained glass illustration from the Satanic Bible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.