Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:20AM

How will they affect airport patdowns for mormons who opt out of being scanned?

Embarrasing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: me ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:25AM

Since they are opaque to the scanners because of their protective characteristics, all wearers will be subjected to very thorough patdowns.

Posted by: Nebularry ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:29AM

Posted by: Master C ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 10:57AM

Date: November 17, 2010 11:01AM

1. Perhaps they'll be a missionary tool as the TSA people will be moved to ask to attend a church with such magical underwear.

2. The underwear could start a riot of laughter among workers and other passengers who have never heard of anyone wearing such garb.

3. There might have to be more strip searches of mormons because garmies have more possibilities for hiding dangerous powders and liquids.

4. The symbols might be mistaken for tiny bomb making ingredient containers.

5. Airport security people might have to undergo training like they do for minorities to mask their distast and alarm when they uncounter the funny underwear.

Date: November 17, 2010 11:36AM

It would avoid the hassle of giving sensitivity training like the airport and police in California undergo to learn about Sikhs. (Sorry, I forgot how to spell the word. I'm talking about the sect that requires boys and some girls to carry daggars hidden in their clothing starting at age seven.)

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:59AM

They are a growing minority here in Cali, and we'll only be encountering more of them in the coming years.

Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:47AM

Date: November 17, 2010 12:04PM

They can tell better if the endowment is male, since male endowment is external.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 01:03PM

I think its too bad the church had to cave on the garmies style.

I'm sure they would lose members at a much faster rate if they did.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 02:03PM

I think people should just fly naked. Avoid the scan and feel up by flying Butt Naked Airlines.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 02:54PM

I went through a scanner in Canada on Sunday. You can't tell if you wear garments. I saw my picture as I had a knee brace on and they thought it was a gun holder. I had a good pat down but not as good as coming to Canada last Thursday. I got the real pat down.

Hands all away up to my privates. They even touched my balls by mistake!!! I guess I did not stand with legs apart far enough. Had to remove belt so they could go done front of pants a little ways.

The best was feel my ass!!! That was good!!! NOT.

However I felt protected wearing my G's!!! About as protected as I was having my washings and annointings in 1967.

Maybe the Church could some pre-temple work like washings and annointings as people get the pat downs!!!!!!

Could Steve Benson do a cartoon for this new service???

Posted by: kestrafinn ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 03:42PM

Hate to break it to you, but the touching your balls was NOT a mistake. It's now part of the standard pat down.

I experienced it over the weekend - breast squeezing and a blatant finger run right down the middle of my crotch. My husband experienced similar humilation (male-oriented, of course). IMHO, it's legalized molestation.

Absolutely horrifying and had me feeling shaky for quite some time afterward. I'm not planning on flying again while this procedure is in place unless I absolutely have to.

Posted by: piper ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 06:40PM

That made me feel queasy. I am sorry that happened to you. I have serious issues with people touching me, and I think if someone touched me like that I would probably start screaming and hitting, then crying. Unbelievable.

Date: November 17, 2010 07:27PM

They're threatening to prosecute or sue a man who didn't complete the process when it got too intrusive for him.

It's unbelievable that they claim he didn't have a right to back out, turn in his ticket, and go home. : (

Date: November 17, 2010 11:20PM

It's gone way too far. People need to complain to their elected officials. If there is a big enough fuss, those machines and pat downs are gone, but they won't go away if people just passively do nothing about it. Things will get worse.

Date: November 17, 2010 11:22PM

If a TSA employee invades your holy of hollies their hand will burst into flames and melt.

Date: November 18, 2010 02:34AM

Posted by: kestrafinn ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 09:53AM

I was crying - and it takes a lot for my to show any sort of tears in public. I was not the only woman distressed at the airport, either.

I can't imagine what this must be like for someone who is a survivor of any sort of sexual abuse.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:56PM

Date: November 17, 2010 06:00PM

I know. I already mentioned that, but I guess they are in just too serious a mood.

Date: November 17, 2010 07:20PM

My mother has always said they protect the wearer from many sins, injury, and flame, so xrays should be no problem. Hasn't anyone here seen the old Superman movies?

Posted by: anonomous mouse ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 07:41PM

As someone who WAS molested I don't think
I could take having to 'let' someone do it again!
No more planes for me!
Friggin' nut job whackos!
Curiously enough they SAY they are doing it for our
good and protection, which is just what a lot of molesters
say!!!

Date: November 18, 2010 02:36AM

Posted by: Chic in the heart of Moville ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:27PM

Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:46PM

I'm male, and if someone is going to do a search, I want it to be female. As invasive as the "pat down" sounds, I don't want a male doing it.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 06:04AM

What difference does it make?

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 11:57PM

Wonders if the magical symbols on the Garmies will protect from Radiation. If so, Mormons can sell this as radiation suits in Nuke plants. They'll make a fortune in China. counted at least 12 nuke plants on the way out here to Cangzhou from Shanghai.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 08:06AM

strip-searches and cavity probes for all concerned.

Mormons deserve no less, IMHO.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 08:54AM

i heard they are even patting down little children.... this is WAY too much to handle... i also heard there are going to be protests in the airport due to the intrusiveness of the pat downs... and go thru the machine? well how many rads might you get? i also heard that frequent flyers may be getting way more doses of rads than they should.... course the Gov. will say that no worries... but i aint so sure!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.