Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ex missionary ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 03:48PM

intriguing, compare this to Joe Smith's polyandry and tell me which is more honest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 03:52PM

Because it's one of those loathsome, decadent Lamanite practices that didn't deserve mention.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:33PM

busy arguing monogamy and polygamy, but that is just the tip of the iceberg of family structures.

Of course, our culture has succeeded in most ways beyond their wildest dreams - using monogamy and attempted fidelity.

Posted by: georgedubya ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:47PM

Awesome stuff! Really goes to show how narrow-minded and shortsighted Joseph Smith and his holy book really are. I remember a talk from my local ward a while ago, and the topic was on the truthiness of the BoM. She went on about how "without divine inspiration, it would have taken a group of intellectuals to conceive it". Truly mind-blowing at how brainwashed one can be.

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:49PM

You never know, the original Temple ceremony could have been sexual...I've always noticed that the story of Adam and Eve could be taken very differently if Eve tempted Adam with something other than an 'apple' and more like a pair of 'melons'...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 17, 2010 05:50PM

I don't remember the author's name, but he was an anthropologist who wrote "The American Alcoholic," one of the more profound works I've encountered written by a non-addict...

>"All [good?] social scientists realize they are basically sick. The political scientist seeks to cure society so he can live in it. The psychologist seeks to cure himself. And the anthropologist is in search of a society he can live in."

I wonder if these researchers found what they were looking for...

In the name of Margaret Mead...

Of course Mopologists won't give this more than a minutes worth of contemplation before claiming it as proof of the BOM...

>"See? Stuff like that is proof God knew what he was doing when he changed people's color for doing sh*t like that! They had it coming!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.