Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ihidmyself ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 09:49AM

when some idiot woman in the ward was trying to get my 8 year old daughter to go to a daddy-daughter activity. At first she asked if I would like to go but she immediately said that if I couldn't go that her husband could go with my daughter instead.

At the time it didn't really occur to me how astonishingly rude that was. There was no question that I could go. I just didn't want my daughter and I going to some thinly-veiled proselyting/indoctrination event. This woman knew we were not lds so she was trying to circumvent me as the father and put her husband in as a temporary substitute. And in the sick, warped world of mormon doctrine she somehow thought she was doing the right thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 07:36PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 07:49PM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 09:21PM

She was undermining you by trying to show your daughter how much superior Mormon dads are, at least in her delusional mind.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 10:20PM

Idiot bishop was sending notes to my deacon age son telling him not to listen to anyone who would influence him away from the church (i.e. ME!) and that the Savior was disappointed that he missed church. Of course, when my 12-year-old gets a letter mailed to him in a male adult's handwriting with no return address (yes-no return address) of COURSE I'm going to open it, federal law or no federal law.

And then the fight started.

Recently, the 2nd counselor told my son that if he ever needed a ride to church or YM, just call him. My super-smart son shut him up by saying "No, my mom is always trying to get me to go to stuff to make my (TBM) dad happy. I'm sure she'll take me if I want to go since she's always harping about it." Needless to say, this is stretching the truth to it's absolute limits but Son said it was worth it to see the shocked look on stupid 2nd counselor's face.

When I was in nursery, they always tried to get us to visit the nursery age kids who are inactive. 18 months to 3 years old getting an unsolicited visit from a religious leader to encourage them to come to a church that their parents obviously weren't interested in attending. I put my foot down and said NO!

Honestly, I was truly horrified at the way TBMs try to go around the parents to get to the kids. It's totally sick and wrong. If I tried to save their kids from Mormonism using the same tactics and some well-placed internet links, there would be hell to pay. They think their near-criminal level of interference is justified because they are convinced they are right. Which just flat out makes them scary.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 03:37AM

Grrrrrrrrr! After they recruit them, they teach them hurtful lies about their parents and families, and brainwash them with memorized songs and chants.

As a single parent, when we were TBM, we excused ourselves from father-centered activities, and never went to church on Fathers' Day, either. It made us feel bad.

I got angry, whenever we were referred to as "a broken home." We were, and are, a very close, complete family.

Posted by: flyfisher ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 11:18AM

Recently I got rid of our land line and all my kids have cell phones. Well, the morg somehow got my cell number and keep calling for the kids. I tell them that they would have to get the number from them as I wont give it to them..... A week ago or so they came to the door for my 15 year old. He talked to them and gave them his cell number. When they left he was putting their name in his phone and when I asked him what he was doing he said "putting their name in so I will know when not to answer the phone" Got to love that!

Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 11:57AM

I mean, isn't that the first wifes job? 8^)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.