Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 10:15AM

Wouldn't McKay's second anointing absolve him from possible sin? It's been stated his relationship with her was questionable, so if he really wanted to have the affair couldn't he justify it by saying his second anointing absolves him of any actual wrongdoing?

Basically they've all placed themselves above any moral law, so couldn't any of these men in the first presidency carry on affairs without having to answer to anyone within the church for their activities?

It's interesting, these men are like celebrities, yet what really goes on in their personal lives? I have a hard time believing NONE of them have EVER had affairs. Maybe there has been news of it happening and I just don't know about it. I certainly have never heard of a GA having to step down for suspicious reasons or for any reason outside of publicly tarnishes the good name of TSCC, for that matter. Seems to me this would be all the more reason to believe it does happen, and it happens so widely that it gets brushed under the table so as to not reveal themselves as hypocrites.

Do we really know anything about these men besides what the PR spins for us?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 11:00AM

We don't know diddley about these dudes. For all we know, they could be oiling themselves up naked and Greco Roman wrestling in the Holy of Holies.

Ron

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: November 18, 2010 11:07AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.