Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 12:15PM

Tick tick tick (or whatever the ancient Mayan equivalent is), time is running out. Are you going to get your affairs in order? Go have an affair (or two or three or four)? Get cleaned up? Get totally wasted? Prepare to meet your maker? Prepare a big-ass party? So many options.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 12:20PM

I'm just going to continue with my life as usual. For me it's one of those prphecies about the end of the world that won't come to pass.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 12:45PM

We know it's a hoax. But if you had a year to do anything you wanted, wise, idiotic or anything in between, what would you choose? And remember, the real answer isn't necessarily the most entertaining one. ;^D

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 03:29PM

I'd love to go to the British Isles and visit the prehistoric sights.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 12:48PM

Kinda like the Hurricane Parties they throw in the South.

Seems appropriate.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 12:49PM

I would book a flight to Rarotonga, sit on the beach, and watch the show, until I was swept away at sea.

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 03:19PM

I'll either be in Brasil on my last few days of work before coming home for the holidays or home for the holidays. If I'm at work, I'll be working. If I'm home, I'll be enjoying a nice drink of something preparing for the holidays and hoping to see some good funny news on crazy people out waiting for the end. By the way, I will be selling pet insurance for all those who think the rapture is going to happen at that time. $5000 per pet to guarantee that I will take care of your pet when you depart. Because I know damn good and well I'm not rapturing.

Posted by: nebularry ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 03:22PM

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 03:24PM

About a year before the predicted event is when doomsday enthusiasts start whistling past the graveyard and pretending that they never said any such thing. Sort of like what happened in 1999. Well, I remember and I'll be reminding them of the craziness they were predicting and how dire it all was supposedly going to be.

So, eat crow doomsayers!

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 04:00PM

Hmmm, I don't usually care to plan that far ahead but I'm sure there will be cigars, whisky and beer.

Posted by: Mateo Pastor ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:31PM

Yesterday some colleagues said "cool! I've never been to a gay wedding!" but actually, I haven't been to another gay wedding either lol.

2012 is fifty years after my parents and 75 years after my grandparents. For my boyfriend's family, 12-12 (the wedding, on wednesday) and 15-12 (the wedding party, on saturday) are also important dates. And we will have been together for seven years by then.

Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 10:11PM

We got married on 10/10/10.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:58PM

it will be like Y2K, anyone remember that?

Posted by: xophor ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 06:04PM

I'll probably stock up on a few things that I know I'll need. Not because I'm riding the doomsday bandwagon...I just don't want to be inconvenienced by the whack-jobs having depleted the supply of essentials.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:02PM

I'm going over to nebularry's house for the post-apocalyptic party.

I'll bring dip and chips!

~VOW

Posted by: mleblanc138 ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:18PM

Well, Boyd K Packer did recently say that we'll probably live to see our grandkids. And even before he said that, I figured this was Y2K the redux. If so, I'm probably going to sell my Silver Coins at inflated prices once the scare hits a fever pitch, and then buy them all back for cheaper after nothing happens.

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:22PM

I can't wait to to Dec 12 parties next year! It's gonna kick ass!

Posted by: orphan ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:53PM

I'm going to build myself one hell of a seat belt, so that when the earth stops spinning and then starts in the other direction, I won't be thrown off the earth. Wow! can you imagine the earth stopping and starting again in reverse? What a bunch of crap!!

Posted by: AtheistMarine ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:57PM

Is that really what they say?

Posted by: rowan ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 05:00PM

I don't put a lot of faith in the Mayan Calender Theory. Besides I am one of those people who think that "faith" is a word that comes from a con-man's (or con-woman's) mouth.

Always someone with "dooms-day" "end of the world" on their lips

Let's pretend that it is all true and Dec 2012, bye-bye world. Is there anything that I could have done to stop it or save myself or anyone else--NO!

We all will live until we die. The world will go on until it doesn't. We all live in our own "last days".

Now, doesn't that kind of thinking take the burden of having to do something off of your shoulders?

Posted by: quatermass ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 10:09PM

Well it's not going to be worth paying the gas and electric bills next December is it.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 02:18AM

I'll be laughing when the date of the "prophecy" comes and goes, just like I did when Harold Camping was proven wrong twice.

Then I will go back to lurking on the vast number of message boards and websites I know about, listening to episodes of the Phone Show on Cacti Radio, and doing the things I need to get done.

Posted by: onendagus ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 02:49AM

Um, Sorry, I saw a rainbow today so no apocolypses until at least another 365 days.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: December 24, 2011 11:28PM

I'm writing a book about 2012 to sell on Amazon so I can get rich in the oncoming year.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.