Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Southern Redneck ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 12:17AM

I was at my moms to fix a computer emergency that ended up not being one...so she fixed my wife and I peanut butter cookies as a reward. I love my mom. While there her HT showed up and in tow were two missionaries. I know this was no ambush as she pretty much is agnostic, but she enjoys the company.

I asked them where in the morridor(Utah/Ariz/Idaho) they were from and with a grin they both admitted to being Utah natives. I said that most missionaries are from there with more coming from Cali and some from Nevada as time passes. He said that they had a lot from Canada in the local mission.

I jokingly refered to 'frostbacks' from Canada coming into the country and that got us on the following subject.

He then mentioned something I had not heard before. He said some missionaries had 'paperwork problems' and could not go on regular missions. My mom said openly "Mexicans and such?" to get the guy to admit it. He nodded. He said his last transfer that he found that missionaries with that problem were kept local and did not serve further then 300 miles from their home ward. This had started about 6 months previosely and was supposedly so there would be no issues with trying to send missioneries with 'paperwork problems' overseas or out of the country. I guess that the church knows specifically the members who are paperworkless and simply are keeping it low key.

I knew the church had gotten some bad press about having people with 'paperowork problems' serving missions in the past, and maybe this is their workaround. Has anyone else heard of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SilkRose ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 12:21AM

So, I guess the follow the laws of the land don't really apply to mormons? Big surprise, not following your own rules.

I don't so much as have a problem with it, as I do the fact that they try to cover it up and lie...instead of just saying it how it is...

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 12:06AM

A young Hispanic man who worked at the local dry cleaners was sent to the new St George mission, no MTC. Friend drove him. Hmmmmm....

Yes, we believe in honoring, obeying and sustaining the law, as far as it is translated correctly. Yup, we are honest in our dealings with our fellow man.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 01:33AM

I have been studying mormon history pretty extensively the past 8 months. Reading books and online. Most of the info from lds books. Talk about lies!!! The mormon church lies so easily and so well. My dh is a cronic liar. Hmmm. Just yesterday we were talking about church history etc. He LOVES FARMS and FAIR and they are nothing but lies. So dh,mormon church and FARMS/Fair go well together.

Posted by: dawn ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 09:15AM

I have posted this before... my hubby is from Mexico (citizen of US now .. woo hoo!).... and one of his cousins was sent to Denver, Co... just returned.. is illegal.. family had to drive him there and return to pick him up after his mission was completed.. another illegal cousin went into the MTC last December... and his parents had to drive him to the Las Vegas mission in Jan. on the way back from dropping him off.. they got pulled over in the 30 mile section of arizona.. coming back to SLC... they were questioned on why they had driver privelege cards and they told the police that is what Utah gave them... police let them go.. and they swear that they were let go because the LARD was watching over them because they are missionary parents..
This makes me sick and mad... The church knows exactly who is illegal and legal.. they send these boys to missions close to SLC .... for a reason.. I wish that there is a way to report this!

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 11:18AM

dawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have posted this before... my hubby is from
> Mexico (citizen of US now .. woo hoo!).... and one
> of his cousins was sent to Denver, Co... just
> returned.. is illegal.. family had to drive him
> there and return to pick him up after his mission
> was completed.. another illegal cousin went into
> the MTC last December... and his parents had to
> drive him to the Las Vegas mission in Jan. on the
> way back from dropping him off.. they got pulled
> over in the 30 mile section of arizona.. coming
> back to SLC... they were questioned on why they
> had driver privelege cards and they told the
> police that is what Utah gave them... police let
> them go.. and they swear that they were let go
> because the LARD was watching over them because
> they are missionary parents..
> This makes me sick and mad... The church knows
> exactly who is illegal and legal.. they send these
> boys to missions close to SLC .... for a reason..
> I wish that there is a way to report this!

If the INS had picked them up, you can be sure that church leaders would have disavowed any knowledge of their illegal status and left them twisting in the wind.

Posted by: drewmeister ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 12:30PM

So these same xenophobic baffoons that cry persecution because all the filthy mexicans (we can't capitalize Mexican, that would be giving too much dignity to the lamanite descendants) are swarming in to do their yardwork and bricklaying for a fraction of the minimum wage, because there isn't a 20-ft wall all along the hundreds of miles of border with Mexico.. they don't see an issue with illegals doing door-to-door hawking of the gospel?

At the same time there's a massive push, and IMHO very likely to succeed, to enact the same AZ-style immigration laws here in Yewtah.. these self-righteous bastards are sending illegal aliens out to dupe more people into following the cult??

"12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law." ..when it's convenient.

Wow. That's fantastic.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 12:50PM

Immigration is a really complex and difficult problem - that's why we aren't solving it well as a nation.

I respect friends in a liberal church who take care of illegals who are in desperate situations, so I feel hypocritical criticizing the LDS church for not turning them in.

What I will say is that if they have a living prophet who speaks directly to God, perhaps they could provide some consistent moral leadership. God should be telling us how to handle His children from a different land.

Moral leadership from prophets is what has been lacking with skin curses, polygamy, gays, womens rights.

Now it is lacking on this issue too. If they think God wants them to shelter illegals, they should proudly and publicly explain how and why.

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: September 18, 2010 08:06PM

The Gov of Utah who is running for reelection has a radio ad promising to work on the problem of illegal aliens.

I wonder if he is going to have the backing of the LDS church.

Maybe they can work out a deal where the LDS church sends the illegal young men out on missions and allows their moms and dads to work at the COB in the Spanish section, or house missionaries for next to nothing or clean the local ward houses. they seem to be doing it to everybody else.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 05:40AM

Is there anything true about this cult anymore????MAYBE the only thing true is that it is a cult and they lie more each day to cover up each day, they are a cult.

Posted by: Lost ( )
Date: September 19, 2010 01:04PM

That's pretty funny....

So much for mission calls "coming from the lord" eh?

More proof that "god" is "the brethren."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.