Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 01:59PM

What do you think my TBM mom would do if I gave her a copy of Joseph Smith’s Jupiter Talisman? I saw one on ebay and was going to bid on it to give my mom as a gift. Wondering how TBMs view these things??? I don’t want to insult her as we have a good relationship now yet, would love to try to begin to open her eyes to the charade of Mormonism. There are all kinds of old Mormon stuff on ebay from years past and thought that I could slowly obtain some of these things and sent to my TBM mom.

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 02:01PM

This Jupiter Talisman is news to me, could you explain in more details, please?

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 02:55PM

because it will work beautifully on two levels.

First, your mom might really treasure it because it was an artifact worn by her beloved prophet.

Secondly, the irony of a TBM emulating Joe Smith by wearing a facsimile of the superstition-laden, nonsensical, magickal talisman that Smith purportedly possessed at the time he got his ass shot off is just too deliciously ironic. And funny.

Posted by: Truth Without Fear ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 02:59PM

I assume its a replica, right?

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 04:53PM

Yes. It's a replica. I read that original is ownded by a private collector in UTAH!!!!

Posted by: Utahnomo ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 03:15PM

you can buy replicas of those on LDS sites selling CTR rings and other such "idols" to promote faith.

With the internet the church has basically embraced many of the faith breakers and converted them into faith promoting items. They use the old principle that if you use 9 truths to tell one lie people will accept the lie, and it sure as hell works with the brainwashed morgbots.

Posted by: Punky's Dilemma ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 10:57PM

I have a replica. Thanks to Big Tim, of course. :) It hangs in my office. No one ever asks about it, though...

It makes me giggle.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.