Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: captainmoroni ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:16PM

In my experience, many normal and lower level Mormons are nice, decent people. Most are genuine and kind and try to be good people in spite of their religion.

On the other hand, the Mormon "royalty" that I have met are amonght the worst human beings I have ever met. Their sense of entitlement, insularity, and power have corrupted them.

I have seen many high up church leaders say and do sociopathic things. They know that the members will defend them no matter what and this protection enables them.

Somehow, many good TBMs are in denial about their supposedly Christ-like leaders. They think that the personalities they see in conference are real.

They are rarely in contact with the Mormon royalty and do not see their normal behavior. When they do, they justify it or dismiss it as an "imperfection." However, if members saw just how douchy their leaders were, even they might start to wonder why God calls such people to be his servants.

So, let's begin a collection. What are the douchiest things that you have ever heard our high up church leaders say or do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 25, 2012 03:27PM

Before he was promoted to be head of the humanitarian department, he was the area authority over our mission. He often came to our mission to rail on us and insult our MP. Everyone hated him because he was a notorious douche and Pharisee.

Clarke told us that we were not allowed to celebrate the local culture. He claimed that their beautiful native culture was holding them back. We were not allowed to encourage them. Instead, we were told to Americanize them. Clarke claimed that he loved poor people more than anyone else and that is why he wanted to quash their culture.

Clarke also told us that only rich people were good Mormons. He asked one elder in public what he wanted to be someday. The unfortunate elder said that he wanted to be a high school band teacher. Clarke publicly berated him for "doing nothing" with his life. "Mormons go to college and get rich! That's what we do!" Everyone felt bad for the poor elder.

Clarke told us that rich people like him were righteous. Anyone who isn't so wealthy must be wicked, useless and lazy.

This guy was promoted to be head of the humanitarian program a couple months after this talk. Amazing.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 12:10AM

> This guy was promoted to be head of the humanitarian program a couple months after this talk. Amazing.

Why am I not surprised? It's a fox for every hen house with this church.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 03:19AM

When I was in High School, before I discovered a medical problem that ruled it out, I wanted to be a career soldier. I ran into that same, "the Lord wants you to go to college and pursue a well paying career" attitude from my local leaders.

Posted by: Just Wonderin ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 03:52PM

I can decide if he was intentionally focused on increasing tithing receipts, or if he really believed the hateful crap he spewed. Either way. What an arse!

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:38PM

The list, of course, is nearly endless. But here are a couple of his bigggest, douchiest prize-winners:

"I saw a striking contrast in the progress of the Indian people today .... The day of the Lamanites is nigh. For years they have been growing delightsome, and they are now becoming white and delightsome, as they were promised. In this picture of the twenty Lamanite missionaries, fifteen of the twenty were as light as Anglos, five were darker but equally delightsome. The children in the home placement program in Utah are often lighter than their brothers and sisters in the hogans on the reservation. At one meeting a father and mother and their sixteen-year-old daughter we represent, the little member girl—sixteen—sitting between the dark father and mother, and it was evident she was several shades lighter than her parents—on the same reservation, in the same hogan, subject to the same sun and wind and weather.... These young members of the Church are changing to whiteness and to delightsomeness. One white elder jokingly said that he and his companion were donating blood regularly to the hospital in the hope that the process might be accelerated."
General Conference Report, October 1960; Improvement Era, December 1960, pp. 922–923.

"Even in a forced contact such as rape or incest, the injured one is greatly outraged. If she has not cooperated and contributed to the foul deed, she is of course in a more favorable position. There is no condemnation where there is no voluntary participation. It is better to die in defending one's virtue than to live having lost it without a struggle."
The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 196

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 03:21AM

How does one contribute to their own rape?

A rapist has control issues. For everyone that picks his victim based on how sexy and provocative she is dressed, there are a couple more who want to humiliate girls that they see as being more restrained. In fact, wasn't their a study that said most rapist like to pick victims who appear more reserved about their sexuality, because they are the ones least likely to report an attack?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2012 03:30AM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 03:49PM

One industrial-strength, major league, big-time, hands down, I-ain't-just-a-woofin douchefest from cover to cover.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 04:10PM

There you go again Captain, always bringing my Area Seventy brother up.

Arrogance, entitlement, insularity, insincerity, power hungry.

Geez leave him alone. He needs those things to make it all the way to the top.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 11:38PM

You have no idea. Even the other TBM siblings can't take it.

Once at a family gathering, my father, the stake patriarch was saying how much he had enjoyed a certain movie. To this, my brother replied that they wouldn't watch that movie. My father innocently asked why, and my brother announced to my father that he and his family had much higher standards than the rest of us.

I really wish I had it on tape, because the tone in his voice was a nugget of arrogance to behold. The wife is every bit as lovely.

Lots more stories, some pretty ugly, but I'll leave it at that.

Date: January 25, 2012 11:40PM

Here's another...

You know that Hinckley kid that became a GA and definitely NOT because of nepotism?

He came down to Central Guatemala City mission and entertained questions. An elder asked him why elders that didn't follow the rules usually baptized more than the stiffs. He told the kid that anyone who baptizes someone while breaking any mission rule is condemning himself.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 07:55AM

It'd be pretty hard to break any mission rule while standing in a baptism font, especially with everyone standing there watching!

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: January 25, 2012 11:52PM

There is one way you can tell when one of TSCC royalty is saying something offensive. If their lips are moving.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 01:53AM

Hmmmm, wonder if Boyd K. Packer ever said anything douchy? Well, nothing that I can find. I guess he's the only one that scores zero on the GA douchemeter.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: January 26, 2012 02:41AM

baura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmmm, wonder if Boyd K. Packer ever said anything
> douchy? Well, nothing that I can find. I guess
> he's the only one that scores zero on the GA
> douchemeter.
===============================================
Yeah, that's right, Baura... you can bet your little factory on that!

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 09:29AM

'Douche' was one of my favorite words as a Deacon, 40 some years ago.

My older brother taught it to us younger siblings.

"Go take a douche" was Breedum's favorite saying.

I even got into a fight in Junior High for calling a guy a 'douchebag'.

'Douchiest' is awesome!

Posted by: funeral taters ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 10:46AM

I haven't had much experience with GA's, but I've heard some douchey things from an institute teacher. In one class he basically said that people who were merely luke-warm in TSCC were hated by Jesus and luke-warmers were no better off than the blatant sinners (perfection is demanded people!). The luke-warmers were pieces of trash that Jesus was going to cast into the fiery pit in the last day.

This same teacher told us the reason that the Morridor was having a big influx of people from California: God was leading them here so that we could teach the Gospel to them! It had nothing to do with job opportunities, cheaper real estate, or anything else. It was a divine relocation for salvation and exaltation! Hey, that rhymes! I should make a book and start my own religion or something!

Posted by: La_Capa ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:23AM

GA Seventy Gene R.Cook

Two things about him: He came to my mission in Argentina in '03 in the middle of the Patagonia and told the poor (in both senses of the word) ward piano player clanking the hymns to the best of her ability that she was horrible and shouldn't be playing. Now that ward will only play the CD of hymns and she doesn't play any more.

When I was a teenager he was the visiting GA at my stake in Phoenix (my Dad was in the presidency so this is how I know this story). My stake president had 6 adopted kids and he told my stake president that he thought kids that were adopted tended to not follow the gospel. Forget that these children were all sealed to this SP - they didn't come from the Mormon bloodline so they weren't as righteous.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 19, 2014 11:26AM

What a mean hearted man.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 03:47PM

Anything that bednar says, seen him up close that dude literally thinks he is god and a gift to mankind. But the young mormons enable him while worshiping him like some rockstar and he loves it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.