Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:27AM

Or did I dream it? I either saw or dreamed last night that I was watching "The Daily Show" online and saw an ad for "The Book of Mormon", the new musical by the creators of "South Park". It's hard for me to know, since seeing such a musical would be like a dream come true.

I did find this website: http://www.bookofmormonbroadway.com/ so maybe I really did see an ad. Love their subtitle: "God loves Mormons and He wants some more."

My biggest fear (and very justified I think) is that it won't be one-sided and actually will have some empathy for its subject matter. Their priorities are probably skewed. Putting entertainment first? How messed up is that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:35AM

LOL... my husband and I saw that ad while watching South Park online... I bet it's going to be funny as hell!

Posted by: Anon ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 12:13PM

Sanctimony begs for satire.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 12:30PM

They talked about the idea for the movie being a Mormon coming of age story where two young men from SLC go to sub-Saharan Africa to teach their values and everything they've learned to these people who are dealing with poverty, war, AIDS, etc. and finding that they have nothing in their toolkits to deal with these problems. They said that they just knew that the Mormons are going to embrace this musical wholeheartedly. They will send them things, letters filled with love, etc. They're going to love it. :)

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 01:27PM

That's a relief.

I was afraid they were going to try to dramatize the Book of Mormon - with all the battles and killing et al.

Mark Twain did call it "Chloroform in Print", and I could not imagine how you could possible do anything with it.

Posted by: coppertop ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 09:30PM

they were $137 each.. but will make a great frosting on a trip to NYC....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.