Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: josephsmyth ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 12:17PM

Whenever a Mormon tries to impose their absurd beliefs upon me by bearing their unsolicited testimony to me, I just ask them, "Do you know how many wives Joseph Smith had?"

Usually they try to change the subject by asking me why I care, but I press them on it, "No seriously, just answer the question. You're telling me that Joseph Smith was the greatest man who ever lived, why don't you tell me how many wives he REALLY had?"

(They NEVER know about their own PRofit, because the church lies about that little factoid every day they maintain the myth he was some kind of a paragon of virtue and fidelity. They actually maintain a website devoted to Joseph Smith that claims "Joseph and Emma based their relationship upon the gospel of Jesus Christ, an example to all." Excuse me, isn't that what landed Warren Jeffs in federal prison for raping teenagers?)

So I tell them, "The answser is 34, 11 of whom were teenagers and another 11 of whom were married to other men, which is all very well documented, even by the church's own geneological records on familysearch.org. Now, what does God say about that practice in your scriptures?"

Inevitably they suddenly "feel the spirit of contention" and make a move towards the door, realizing they're in over their heads. But I don't let them. I say, "Open up your scriptures to D&C 132. You do believe they're the word of God still, right?"

They have no choice but to answer, "Of course we do!"

"Good, go ahead and read verses 61-63 and let's talk about what those verses mean, in light of the fact that both Joseph Smith and Brigham Young married 'wives' who were already somebody else's wives, lots of them, which is all a matter of historical record. Even the church's own geneological record proves it. Look it up if you don't believe me."

-
61 And again, as pertaining to the law of the priesthood—if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent,
-
Did Emma give her consent for Joseph to marry other men's wives? No. So that's violation #1, right? Right. go on.
-
and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins,
-
Do you know any women who are already married who you'd consider virgins? No. So that's violation #2, right? Right. Go on.
-
and have vowed to no other man, then is he justified; he cannot commit adultery for they are given unto him; for he cannot commit adultery with that that belongeth unto him and to no one else.
-
If the women he 'married' were already legally married to somebody else, then they were 'vowed to other men' so nobody is justified in marrying other men's wives, right? Right. So that's violation #3, right? Right. He committed adultery with women who he didn't really marry, since that was illegal at the time and still is, not to mention the fact that it cleary violates God's commandment to not covet other men's wives and to not commit adultery. So what's that 5 violations of God's commandments?
-
62 And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.
-
Or IOW, he wasn't justified, since they were not given to him, they were not virgins who belonged to him so he committed adultery. What's that 6 or 7 violations of the "New and Everlasting Covenant" and God's 10 commandments and the law of the land? I'm losing track.
-
63 But if one or either of the ten virgins, after she is espoused, shall be with another man, she has committed adultery, and shall be destroyed;
-
Do you know how many of those women continued living with their REAL husbands after consumating their illicit adulterous relationships with Joseph's Myth? No? Every single one of them. Were any of them destroyed before Smith was destroyed? Not one. Oh he didn't have sex with them? Keep reading.
-
for they are given unto him to multiply and replenish the earth,
-
Why did God tell Joseph the women were they 'given to him'? To procreate. No other reason. In order to procreate they had to have sex. Saying he didn't have sex with them is preposterous, given the fact that God states, that's the entire purpose of plural marriage.
-
according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world, and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of my Father continued, that he may be glorified.
-
Great God you worship there. Is he an adulterer too?

I suggest you do your research before you go around claiming Joseph's Myth was the greatest human being who ever lived, in this day and age, when all the information is available with a few keystrokes on Google. I know far more about Joseph's Myth than you obviously even want to know.

How about you practice your own 11th Article of Faith from now on, by not going around imposing your delusional beliefs upon me and my neighbors and we won't come to your house and blow holes your delusional, hypocritical, hateful beliefs in front of your whole family?

Have a nice day. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 14, 2012 01:02PM

Every time Joseph's Myth comes up, in relation to Mitt Romney's Presidential aspirations, in the National media (WaPost, NYT, HuffPost, LA Times, ABC, NPR, Reuters) and there's an online comments section I pose this challenge to Mormons,

-
"I'll bet Mitt Romney (or any other defender of Joseph's Myth) 10k if he can answer this question honestly about 'the Faith of My Fathers",

"How many marriage-like relationships did Joseph Smith have with women who were already married to other men at the time Joseph consumated his relationships with them?"

and a bonus of another $10k if you can answer this follow up question,

"How do you reconcile that with what God says about that practice (polyandry) in D&C 132:61-63?"
-

So far, no takers.

Posted by: pamarnold ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:04PM

hey...Josephsmyth....that is a great idea!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 03:22PM

She was promised to another man - violating their scriptures too.

Be ye therefore perfect even as thy Father in Heaven. As he tapped betrothed ass, tap ye some comitted ass too.

Posted by: holistic ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 04:22PM

Lovely, I am going to use a lot of this. I like your Q and A session you have prepared for the Stormin Mormons. Thank you!

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 06:59PM

Excellent response for the more arrogant delusional TBM.

Date: February 14, 2012 08:02PM

I used it first on my TBM wife.
She said, "That's it. I'm done." and she was. That was 10 years ago. Then I used it on her Nazi TBM Mom who was trying to manipulate me into belief at the time.
The fist thing she said was,
"I don't care if Joseph's Myth stood on his head and stacked BB's! What he did was between him and GOD!" (exact quote)
I said, "Uh, really? What about the wedding vows they had with their husbands, before God, didn't those sacred vows mean anything to God?"
She suddenly felt the spirit of contention and wanted to change the subject. I didn't let her.
I asked her if I said, "Yeah so God said it was cool for me to screw other men's wives." if she'd be as cool with that as she was with Joseph Smith screwing other men's wives?
She said I'd go to hell if I did that. I asked her what was the difference between me and Joseph Smith. He screwed the wives of 11 men, despite the fact that's condemned as adultery by D&C 132. She told he he was going straight to hell if that was true. I assured her it was and told her to look it up on google, or familysearch.org. She was shocked. Still a manipulative TBM, but she's easy to shut up. All we have to say is, "Yeah but Joseph's Myth had sex wth other men's wives!" that shuts her TF up.
Like my formerly TBM wife said about her Mom's reaction, "She doesn't have any answers. None of them do." As usual, she's right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 08:30PM by josephsmyth.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 08:30PM

That was excellent. I'm saving it. It wish I was young enough to memorize it still.

Date: February 15, 2012 10:17PM

"How many women did Joseph Smith claim to marry, who were already legally married to other men at the time and what does God have to say in D&C 132:61-63 about that?"

Posted by: heftmyplates ( )
Date: February 14, 2012 11:54PM

Very few people, TBMs included, know the Joseph Smith married 11 wives of living husbands. It is my mission, in an effort to destroy this mind-eating cult, to spread the word. Please join me and we can send this Beast to its grave.

Date: February 16, 2012 09:21AM

Hell yeah! Let's cut Joseph Smith's Achilles heel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.