Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 08:02PM

One anonymous LDS flyweight in that regard wrote to say, "Your posts are way too long. Some of [us] have to work for a living," then went on to quote Joseph Smith (as if invoking a consumate conman means anything).

I tell ya, one could wade through the deepest recesses of the minds of these bleating sheep--and never get one's feet wet.

So, I replied:

"Actually, it's your pathetic efforts at Mormon apologetics that are way too long.

"Of course, you don't have problems with the fundamental contradictions and ongoing lies of Mormonism because like too many Mormons you are bad at thinking, but good at rationalizing.

"Plus, when it comes to actually doing your homework, reading your history and using your noggin to apply what you learn to reality, you have the attention span of a short Ensign article written for the comprehension level of a grade schooler."

There, somebody had to say it. :)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2010 11:52PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 08:43PM

And it's not for the brilliance of Mormon readers.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:21PM

Too bad he/she didn't have the attention span to read all that JS actually wrote.

It's much easier going through life fed sound bites and talking points from the pulpit.

I'm guessing his/her job doesn't involve much reading.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.