Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Deluded ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 09:27PM

Does anyone have any information or links to threads discussing the salary of GA's or apostles.

Or maybe someone knows. I am sure the open church we have is very open about such things (extreme sarcasm). Because I am sure it is modes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:40AM

I think we're all still trying to figure this out.

Posted by: t0o lazy to login ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 08:51AM

No one knows for sure of course but here's an interesting link to a discussion on it: http://www.mormonthink.com/tithing.htm#salary

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:05AM

and many other subjects. This particular subject has been a thorn in my side since I was a missionary in London. In the early 80's I served with the son, grandson, and granddaughter from members of the Q12 and 1st presidency (including the profit). They were all in my zone and district, and in fact I trained one. I heard first hand accounts of their lavish lifestyles, bank accounts, SUV's, cars, motorcycles, expensive vacations, etc. I sat in silence, listening and feeling sick at the thought that my blue collar parents were working there fingers to the bones in paying for my mission and their tithing (Dad was a plumber/mom worked in an ammo plant). The fact that all of these brats were in London, together, should have been sign that mormon exploitation was at work. In other words, why do these mormon royalty brats get to serve in paushe London? Hell, even the MP was a brother to a 1st prez member. These kids were treated very very gently in the mission field, but I digress.

The key qoute by the profit, GBH, is where he admitted that the GA's obtain living allowances comparable to that of an average CEO. Now that was a mistake by him to say, because now he let the cat out of the bag. That is proof that they do receive anywhere from 500K to a mill per year - because the pay for an average CEO is around 800K. This cult is evil, evil, evil - what a scam. Scare people into giving up their last cent else they won't be with their loved ones again, will die by fire, cannot see they baby's being married, etc etc.

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:16AM

Steven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The key qoute by the profit, GBH, is where he
> admitted that the GA's obtain living allowances
> comparable to that of an average CEO.
do you have a source/url?

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:41AM

Honestly, I don't KNOW how much they make. But I remember a few years back that someone who claimed to be in the know said they make about 425K.

(And in my opinion, the average CEO makes nothing near what people think they make . . . . just CEOs of huge companies).

Posted by: Nick Humphrey ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 09:52AM

they pay because it is a commandment and just trust that the lard will put the money to good use, but i think some would care IF we found some leaders ranking in some seriously huge salaries, but the church is smart to not tell anybody anything. i just wish some GAs would come forward and be honest about it. maybe they are threatened not to? like the quote by bkkk to church CES employees:
"
In a 1981 speech to educators in the LDS Church Educational System, he cautioned them that "There is a temptation for the writer or teacher of Church history to want to tell everything, whether it is worthy or faith promoting or not. Some things that are true are not very useful."[17] Arguing that teachers should "give milk before meat",[18] he stated that "some things are to be taught selectively and some things are to be given only to those who are worthy."[19] Packer's opinion applied to all historians who were members of the LDS Church: he stated, "One who chooses to follow the tenets of his profession, regardless of how they may injure the Church or destroy the faith of those not ready for 'advanced history', is himself in spiritual jeopardy. If that one is a member of the Church, he has broken his covenants and will be held accountable.
"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyd_K._Packer

if thats not one huge threat i dont know what is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 09:55AM by Nick Humphrey.

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:32AM

have a contact of a contact who says that Prophet 2 million per year.. GA's 250 to 500K...

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:32AM

When Paul "Forked Tongue" Dunn was ousted due to lying at the podium and shady business practices, The Arizona Sun reported his stipend from the church was $40,000 p.a.

That's the only time I've ever seen anything in print.

Ron

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 10:46AM

Pretty amazing there seems to be no way to find this out.

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:05AM

I was always told the myth that Gordon B. Hinckley lived in a small Apartment near Temple Square. I was also always told tha GAs don't get paid. This is another shocking example of how much Bullshit members blindly eat.

Posted by: kookoo4kokaubeam ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:11PM

One of BKP's sons (while a student) lived in a dump of a house with some other guys south of BYU campus.

If Boyd was racking in the $$ he wasn't giving it to this particular son. Just around the corner were a bunch of high end condo's that rich kids were living in.

Not defending. Just sayin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 12:14PM by kookoo4kokaubeam.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.