Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:01AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug47mW2JHjk

I think I know how I'll be spending one of my days off. >:-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:19AM

Oh please. I am dying! Based on the yellow squash story the way to get gay men to go straight.... is to force them to eat it!! And then 20 years later they will like it. Only a moron would say such a thing! Love it.

So if you force straight men to eat it.....will they turn gay? Just wondering.

Date: November 24, 2010 04:25AM

which, at 2:30, is mercifully short. That's only about 30 slides.

Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:55AM

But if I understand the gist of what you are describing, quoth the raven nevermo, I beg to differ with this conclusion. I’m afraid my personal experience is very different as was that of several other “SSA” Mormon men I was acquainted with in Evergreen. Some of these guys had been married for many, many years (as was I), and they still found benefit in associating with a group of other men to “deal” with their “SSA issues”.

The facts of experience – even among Mormons – negates the nonsense of some stupid allegory about learning to like yellow squash.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 06:50AM

the contact that I observed between my parents or any other couple for that matter, had ZERO effect on the developement of my attraction towards the opposite sex, an attraction that I am not always so fond of, but I am also just as certain that sentiment in no way makes me homosexual.

Date: November 24, 2010 11:39AM

I do think ... no, I'm sure that's why I spent all those years chasing guys who didn't seem to like me that much, but it's not why I chased guys instead of girls.

Posted by: jbryan ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:08PM

...that mormonanswerman is dealing with some issues of his own. Don't know what they might be but so often the people who speak the loudest are the ones in the closet about something.

Bishop Eddie Long, Ted Haggard....they both at one time gave a simular speech to what this man just gave. Why should we believe that he is any different? Why should we believe he has nothing to hide?

Another thing that REALLY bothers me: This man looks like a normal, intelligent person. He has a wife and children and it looks as if he lives a fairly middle class lifestyle.

He enunciates his words clearly. I would say that he is college graduate....AND YET....

The ignorance he spouts forth seems better suited to a man living in a trailer park who is six months behind on his child support payments, dropped out of school in the ninth grade to cut pulpwood, has a total of seven teeth in his head, smells of cheap whiskey and drives a truck with a "Jesus is the answer" plate on the front.

Why is it that so many people want to sound stupid, look stupid, and be stupid? Is stupid the new smart?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 12:09PM by jbryan.

Date: November 24, 2010 01:13PM

He invented and sells this chord board thing that he makes John-Teshy music on. He appears fairly well off, which he would need to be with 12 kids. I think he's about 50.

I also had thoughts about his sexuality watching this video. I made a note of his statement about watching his friends turn gay before his eyes and knowing *from a fact* that it was because of their sins. Interesting!

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:16PM

So, we watched them "sin" and they "turned" gay like some kind of werewolf?

Posted by: Wilford Dandruff ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:20PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:36PM

First glance I thought this thread would be about "Social Security Administration." Having some negative interactions with them this morning.

BTW re: this video. If I watch a bird fly, will that result in me flying? Don't think so.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:00PM

... should you ever witness bald eagles mating in the wild, it might inspire you to join the Mile High Club.

Just sayin'

Timothy

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:44PM

I don't know why I believe mormonism, maybe it is my conditioning since childhood.

And for converts who normally wouldn't be able to tolerate such things as gold plates and masonic temple worship, it becomes normal and even desirable after enough time and commitment to it.

People don't just wake up mormon one day. It takes exposure and intentional practice doing mormony things, and before they know it they are ensnared. Each of us can avoid mormonism and can change if we trust in God and keep the commandments. We can also choose something else to replace it and stay the course until mormonism is cleansed from our lives.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 05:52PM

You nailed it! You need to post this comment to him.

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:47PM

What a tool. No one DECIDES their sexuality. No one reaches age 12 and says "OK Today I'm going to decide whether I like boys or girls."

Foolish.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:05PM

Stop! Before you lose your mind! :)

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:10PM

I'm thinking of the (many) women who are quite surprised to find our their husbands have a gay lover...I've always wondered this because my husband had very low sex drive compared to my ex.

Date: December 01, 2010 05:10AM

I don't know about warning signs, but I'm guessing low sex drive is one of them. Of course it only seems like a low sex drive to the wife.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 05:10AM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:11PM

I commented on MAM's video and said I am not sure if he was a poe.

he published my comment and asked what a poe was.

I tried to reply with an explanation, but he has blocked me.
somehow, I feel that sums up a lot about TSCC and its members

they pretend to want knowledge, but....... not really

Date: November 25, 2010 08:14PM

Mormonanswerman blocked me too.

Date: December 01, 2010 03:53AM

... until I repent.

He doesn't like my videos either. Particularly this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=henYmol0Za4

I just asked what's up with mormonism's freaky obsession with sex.

Timothy

Date: December 01, 2010 05:14AM

I only lasted a day or two before he blocked me.

Date: December 01, 2010 05:17AM

I don't know either.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:06AM

munchybotaz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know either.

It's a fairly common internet term, used on many forums, particularly Political and religious ones.

it comes from Poes law
Poe's Law points out that it is hard to tell parodies of fundamentalism (or, more generally, any crackpot theory) from the real thing, since they both seem equally insane. Conversely, real fundamentalism can easily be mistaken for a parody of fundamentalism.

A poe is someone who post something extreme and/or ignorant while pretending to believe one ideal, while really holding the opposite belief..... his intent is get people to AGREE with him, to expose the ignorant, spiteful and extreme things that some people believe

Date: December 01, 2010 10:16AM

I got booted for making the following comment:

"You seem like a semi-intelligent person, mormonanswerman, but the fact that you believe your underwear has magical powers tosses that notion right out the wondow!"

I thought it was rather tasteful yet to-the-point.

Timothy

Date: December 01, 2010 11:03AM

and I was, but I didn't say anything worse than that.

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 08:05PM

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 08:21PM

And food preferences are not analogous to sexual orientation. Not in the actual, real world. Maybe they are in morg-answer-man's head, but that's not real, no matter what sweetly reasonable tone he preaches it in.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:13PM

He comes right out and says that he has no innate sexual inclinations. That his only reason for piching hetero lovin over gay lovin is that was what he saw with his parents.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: November 25, 2010 10:06PM

Typical Mormon ignorance of research on the topic.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:32AM

There's a lot I could say--as you all know I don't keep it to myself.

Many of the gays I know didn't have any sex (let alone gay sex) until some were even into their 30s and all the gays I know were raised by straight parents. (Maybe watching their parents and thinking of their parents having sex turned them gay?!?!?) I have two children who are not gay and were raised by a gay father.

And there is that SAME OLD ATTITUDE--Marry someone of the opposite sex and "eat it" (no pun intended) and you'll get "used to it." At least my ex was honest with me beforehand. I used to wish he hadn't been until I talked to other ex wives of gays.

And I sure wish they'd quit using that SSA label.

And I couldn't tell you how to know if your boyfriend/spouse is gay. There are a few things that are fairly common (but not 100%) from what I've discussed with other ex's of gays--they don't like to French kiss women, they pretend you have no boobs. My ex did have a high sex drive, but it should have been a good clue when he quit having sex with me (and it was--I knew there was something going on even if he kept lying about it). Actually, the way I knew when he was cheating is he'd call . . . he was always overly kind to me and would do almost anything I asked, but would always call to check in which he never did when he wasn't cheating. And I'd always get the "so glad I have you" when he'd get home.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 10:36AM by cl2.

Posted by: tbirdguy ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 07:14PM

Wow this guy is a nut job. Why did he even do this video? Is he trying to be the youtube apologist for the morg?

I've known and met many gay people over the last 30 years, and they all came from hetero parents. I say he needs aversion therapy with 'stun' set to full strength.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 08:37PM

I responded to this, as it is one of those issues that really angers me. I posted as furtherliteandrufage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.