Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: alwaysaskingtiff ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:07PM

It is confusing for my younger children to understand why I don't go to church with them.

I want to show them what I believe and why I believe it... but I'm so unsure right now. It must be very confusing for them to see dad taking them to church and me being home.

Just feeling sad, at the moment. Not regretting my decision, but questioning what my beliefs actually are, if not mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:16PM

Depending on how young they are, they will just accept it as the way thing are. They won't know anything different.

I also think it OK to let kids know that it is OK to be "unsure" about things they are unsure about.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 01:25PM

MJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...it is OK to be "unsure" about things they are unsure about.

YES! There's way too much pressure from so many directions (religion, school, jobs and so on) to be certain of things. Saying, "I don't know," is seen as weakness and/or lack of intelligence. Sure, human existence is much better thanks to getting rid of a lot of uncertainties, but I think we're also much better people when we can admit we're unsure about some things —— and when it's okay to say so because it's truthful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.