Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 07:13PM

They could claim the program was inspired, because it allowed them to store money for the worst part of the economic downturn, but now with so many members needing work, they are going to bring back professional janitors, in order to make tens of thousands of needed jobs for the saints. It's what a truly caring organization would do, and phrasing it right, they wouldn't even loose face.

It would probably also help with their retention.

Of course they won't, because the old farts in charge are too withdrawn to see the misery their policies make. Instead they will continue the course, wondering why the titanic is starting to tilt, but never considering that they should move to the life boats.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:40PM

cokedrinker, your advice to the church is really sensible, which is why you know they won't take it. They should read this board and take some friendly suggestions from time to time.

Here's another one: Move toward considering the Book of Mormon as metaphorical. Consider all Mormon scripture to be morality fables. Just trying to help.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: February 19, 2012 08:52PM

Don't get this....people generally do not want to clean others' sh*t. If I was tasked I would hire a cleaning service and include that in my tithe. The church I attend hires a congregation member recently arrived from South Sudan who I am sure is very grateful for the opportunity to earn some needed $$$.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.