Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 06:16PM

If so, how do you hand that change?

If you resigned your membership, how has the rest of the family adjusted to your decision?

What have you done to keep the family together?

Any advice for others in the same situation?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 08:49PM

I have to admit we are a member family. The part that I left in the Morgan church was my butt, they had it for so long I just didn't feel right taking everything away from them.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 10:15PM

I did a double take! Gosh, that's funny!!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 10:20PM

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:33AM

Yes but still using the microphone, and it is learning more day by day. It has its own sense of humor, and I think it's pretty funny myself.

Posted by: kita ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 10:51PM

leaving the church saved my relationship with my family. I was the lone ranger for sooo many years in the year in that I didn't have a partner to share my beliefs. since I have left the church my marriage is better and my children, who never really embraced the church, was relieved. My extended family feel that they can relate to me better now. Honestly, there has been a lot of healing for me since I've left the church.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 25, 2010 11:54PM

While BIC husband is still a true believer, at least he has gone with me to other churches and been exposed to other beliefs. He sees a lot of the repressive TSCC BS for exactly what it is.

On the other hand, he still believes that the church is "true" but has been misdirected by a few prophets and other leaders who were politically WAAAAAY behind the 8-ball.

Though a few church members have tried to come between us (by trying to force him to choose either me or the church) they have not been successful. The fact they they have tried to manipulate him in this way makes him angry, and he has told them that this is not how the Savior would want them to behave.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.