Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:48PM

"you'll be sorry when you die and cross over and find out its all true" the JS was a prophet, the Church is truoo, we have the Priesthood" yada yada.

But what if it's not true, what if you find out you spent your whole life running on cult treadmill, and God asks you:

"My Child, why didn't you have more faith in me, why didn't you value your free agency, why did you give up your life in the service of a cult? Did you not believe that there would always be a place for you in my house? There were so many things in life I wanted you to experience and learn from, but you lived in fear."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:02PM

God says, "You know I don't really have any kind of form, I'm just adopting this one so your mind can comprehend. What I really want to know is why you weren't kinder and more compassionate to other people. You had all sorts of opportunities to do real 'service' for other people, and instead you wasted your time on that temple crap. You mormons are wrong about me. But then, so are the other Christians, the Jews, the Hindus, the Muslims, the Zoroastrians..."

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 01:21PM

Let's see, Mos on record (inactive included) make up no more than 0.2% of the world's population. So I'll be with the 99.8% of gawds' children. I guess I will be condemned to the big party, and you'll be with the elite. Sounds like another grand plan by god, like plagues and tithing.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 03:55PM

Oh, you blew it. And now you can't be with your family forever. The sealing in the temple wasn't the right way. The correct way was to hop up and down on one foot and cluck like a chicken! That really sucks for you. Go stand over there in the exit line.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:02PM

Guys! Guys! Guys!!

You're missing an important point in all this. When we die, we go to the spirit world and we have a second chance at immortality! Look it up. We're good to go.

As I see it, we can have our cake and eat it to. As old Joe said, if you could see just the Telestial Kingdom you'd run out and commit suicide.

Ron

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:26PM

Whew! I forgot about that! when you are in the spirit world just make sure you listen for your name to be called so you can run to the magic square and get rebaptized. Reveal your image in the baptismal font. The saints in the temple really love that.

Posted by: martinf ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:06PM

G-d will say "good on you for not falling for the cr*p those clean-shaven boys in polyester suits, who like to call themselves 'Elder', were selling. I don't know where they get all that stuff from! Me a wife? If only!!! I've never spoken to Joe Smith - whoever he is - and if I did it would only have been to tell him to lay off the mushrooms.:"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.