Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: benjimanluther ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:08PM

I haven't paid monetary tribute to the Mormon Corporation since 2007, and I stopped attending and threw away my magic underwear in 2009. I drink coffee and tea, regularly shake hands with the unemployed, laugh loudly, speak evil of the Lard's anointed, and frequently mock sacred things.

Since then, my client base has grown and my income has steadily increased. Last night, as I was updating my business records, I noticed that by the end of November 2010, I will have doubled what I made during all of 2009. Additionally, based on what's on my calendar, December is shaping up to be the best month I've ever had.

If this is God's way of punishing me, all I can say is, "Thank you sir. May I have another?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:13PM

It's really just Satan setting you up for a fall, dontcha know. That's what TBMs will tell you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:18PM

Hooray for you!! You will save money by not donating to LD$ incoorporated. I quit paying any and all tithing long before I finally quit for good and ended up with more money in the long run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2010 02:19PM by orangecat.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 02:27PM

Good for you! My husband had a similar happy reversal of fortune when he ditched TSCC.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 03:38PM

Read in Michael Cain's biography that when he went to South Africa with a film crew they were met by a government official who explained the then rules in S.A. One of the things he told them was that sex with a person of a different race was punishable by flogging. Cain asked "If I get caught, may I have mine while I'm still doing it?"

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 04:22PM

Left Utah in 2008 after clean-cut, white-shirt-wearing, scripture-spouting Mormon businessman stiffed me for $5,000. My first year in California doubled my income, second year quadrupled it.

I credit the Holy Spirit, who forgot to leave me in the hands of Satan. Or maybe working with honest people and having prosperity is the punishment.

Anyway, I had the $ to be able to actually help one of my own children become sober instead of pouring my efforts and money into what I now consider superstition.

When you think about it, what's the difference between your Patriarchal Blessing and the reading of tea leaves?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.