Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jerry the Aspousetate ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:07PM

I know Mormons don't believe in transmogrification where the sacrament actually changes into Jesus' flesh. If they did would it be called transmorgrification?

But I digress.

Would a year's worth of sacrament lumps equal a slice or two?
How many slices in a pound of Wonder/Rainbow bread?

Hmmm . . .

Pay Lay Alol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 01:27PM

I remember so many years ago how they forgot to buy the bread on Sat and had to go to the 7-11 during Sacrament to buy some and this was right after they preached not working on Sunday. I didnt like recieving sacrament, and quit doing it, then my former VT told me I had to start taking it. My response was No I dont. WHY did they not use unleavened bread? They never gave me a straight answer on that EVER!

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 02:06PM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 04:05PM

That was a sure sign!

A lot of my relatives have celiac (wheat gluten destroys the cilia in their intestines) too. They are all TBM, and at a family reunion, they were talking about taking the sacrament. They bring a piece of gluten-free bread or cracker, and give it to the deacons, and tell them where they are sitting, so they know which tray to put it in. Most of them sit in the exact same place each time. Celiacs can get sick from anything that merely TOUCHES wheat, so the piece of bread has to be carefully wrapped.

I asked them why they can't just keep their special piece of bread in their pocket, because they are in the same room, in the same meeting, where the blessings are taking place, after all. I mean, do God's blessings radiate from Heaven in a limited diameter, only onto the sacrament table? Couldn't you sit right behind the deacons, closer to the table? My relatives just gave me a blank stare.

How many hours of doubling-over, eye-watering pain did generations of my celiac relatives and I suffer because of that damned sacrament bread?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 04:06PM by forestpal.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 26, 2010 04:11PM

Clearly I did not read this thread before posting to it. ;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2010 04:29PM by winecountrygirl.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.