Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Emanon ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 02:09AM

About a month ago DH was outside working on the lawn. DH noticed a female neighbor walking on the sidewalk towards her home. She would have to pass in front or our home to get to hers. Just before she was to pass by our house she crossed to the other side of the street, then crossed back after she had passed our house.

I was out walking tonight and just as I was passing this same neighbor’s home, the husband opened the front door, and as soon as he saw me he went back into his home.

I guess we are looked at as the devil’s minions and to be feared. Don’t come near us!!!

Actually, I don’t recall anyone ever blatantly avoiding me [but I’ve never been blatantly non-mormon before, and this is all that has changed]. I find it amusing, ridiculous and almost alarming all at the same time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Emanon ( )
Date: September 17, 2010 03:02AM

Blatantly non-mormon means I've expressed a lack of belief in the LDS faith. At one point I did have to play an ace card so they'd stop delivering the monthly religious message to my door. The BP had been told 3 times that their monthly message was not desired and on the 3rd time he told me he wouldn't do anything else to stop it from being delivered to our home each month. I was upset and that's when I said I'd tell the 12 year old boys about the real interpretation of the facsimiles in the BofA.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.