Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 01:49PM

I only read here sporadically so I may have missed a post, but I haven't seen him in awhile. Last I heard his tour of duty was almost over. He was going to send a few of us a DVD or CD which I never got, so I was just wondering if he's okay. Anybody have any news?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michael ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 01:54PM

I dropped him a note about a month ago. He had been rotated back to Fort Gordon here in Georgia. I'd asked him if he had a place to go for Thanksgiving and it seemed as if he did, but I've not heard anything since. It's been a little over 2 weeks, I think

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 02:30PM

He's been posting on Facebook fairly regularly. He was on leave at home in Alaska and it appears he's back at his base in Georgia now.

Date: November 27, 2010 02:40PM

I didn't know he was on the book of the face. I'll have to look for him there.

Date: November 27, 2010 04:32PM

Michael, did you get the DVD or CD or whatever it was he was going to send to people who sent care packages?

Date: November 27, 2010 07:14PM

Lillium Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Michael, did you get the DVD or CD or whatever it
> was he was going to send to people who sent care
> packages?

No, I didn't. Did you?

Date: November 27, 2010 07:18PM

Nope, I guess he's probably been busy. Just checking to make sure mine didn't get lost or something. I have to wonder about one of my mail carriers.

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 07:56PM

I sent him a FB message telling him he was missed at RfM with a link to the thread.

Posted by: samuel l flyinghorse ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 09:43PM

d:o)

when you see me, let me know where he is!!
I'll ask him how come he's not posting here anymore!!
d:oP

I have the customs forms from every package sent to me while I was in Iraq.
Haven't sent them out yet, my photo cd's.

But in meantime, i'm on the faceBook.
You can friend Benee and poke her via FB to keep the pokingApps pressure off me!! d:oD

Great time after we arrived home from Iraq in Oct. Can't remember most of it, or hazy. First night home we all drank till dawn.

All that aside it's great to be free from religion, cos, were I still tbm, I'd be bored every other day while hanging out with tbms going to endless meetings and what not.

Just got back from 3 weeks leave in alaska with family.
I love the minus 10deg weather and the falling snow that was there when I visited.

Now I settle in on fort Stewart, GA and am a lush!!, and a barracks hermit too.

I missed the deadline for local company soldiers to go on 4 day pass over Turkey day holiday. But local barracks dwellers girlfriends cooked for us all and I'm still drinking from that night.

FB. Samuel L Flyinghorse and my current pic is me kneeling w/ puppy at my hands. I'm teaching him how to pee on cars. I'm silly I know. I know.

I'm organizing my photos. Bought new laptop and it's behaving differently than my laptop I used in Iraq. HP opens up it's own photoviewer and burner than winMedia/photoviewer.

argggghh!!

laters.
lovs. Samuel

Date: November 27, 2010 10:23PM

I'm glad you had turkey dinner, though had you been able to get a pass, you'd've been able to have turkey meal with my sister's family, one friend of mine, and me (my friend's fiance works with the CDC and is presently in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, and I was going to make sure he wasn't at home alone Thursday). You'd've been welcome.

Don't become too much of a lush. It's not a good thing.

The important thing is that you're back safe in the USA.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.