Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 02:55PM

He of the depressing mission call video that was taken down? You might recall his father kept whistling and his mother was glad to get him out of the house. He was *the* most underwhelmed future missionary on YouTube. Actually, depressed was more like it. Well, he has been at the MTC for 10 days now (if he actually went) and he'll be reporting to Edmonton for his mission.

Anyway, I've thought about this poor kid off and on since this summer when that video was posted here and made note of his MTC report date. Would anyone be able to verify his presence there? Poor kid; you could tell he did *not* want to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 03:27PM

I'm actually worried about the guy.

What a horrible thing to do to a young man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 03:27PM by Rebeckah.

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 05:01PM

He seemed so pissed about his mission. You could tell it was NOT what he wanted. He was so angry! I'm sure he feels so powerless. I feel for the kid, too. Mormonism is an ugly trap that really damages some individuals.

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: November 27, 2010 06:52PM

That's funny, I was just thinking about him and come here to find this post. It seems strange to me now that an adult man is so under his parents thumb (or somebody's thumb) that he'll spend 2 of his prime years doing something he doesn't want to do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.