Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 03:08AM

I was at my ex-wife's house today and there was a copy of Ensign, May 2010. On the cover is Monson with an old woman I don't know, perhaps his wife. But the look on his face is hilarious. His smile is so fake, he looks like a hyena growling as it jealously guards a kill. He looks like he's ready to snap someone fingers off. Imagine the look on a cat's face when it is hissing at a dog.

I looked up a copy of the photo on their website, but I only found a tiny copy that doesn't show much detail. No matter how much they've practiced that smile, if it isn't real, it shows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 12:29PM

...looking like they are constipated.

It's kind of like how a baby smiles when it has gas.

Posted by: bezoar ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 01:13PM

Some non-mormon friends of mine came out west for a visit, so my boyfriend and I took them up to Yellowstone. We happened to stop at a grocery store in Rexburg to pick up a few things (like wine - hee hee hee).

When we were out of the store my friend wanted to know what the heck was going on in there - all the people had fake smiles and a vacant look in their eyes. It really creeped her out!

My boyfriend and I just laughed and told her that this was a very Mormon town and she was seeing the typical mormon look. It was really funny - she didn't know there was a mormon college in Rexburg, and we hadn't even mentioned mormonism.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 06:47PM

LOL

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 08:35PM

Gee I hadn't thought of it before but it really does look like they are constipated. hehehe.

Posted by: Challenger ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 08:44PM

The last time I was at temple of doom squarein in SLC, the sisters had big smiles during the tour. I even said to them, I notice that you always smile. One girl said 'well, we are happy'. After a few seconds, she finished with 'we are told to always smile.' What brutal honesty.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:25PM

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 09:34PM

It always makes me wonder what they're really up to. Bugs the crap out of me.

Posted by: Yewt102 ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:04AM

looks like you are noticing monson's big fake dentures

Posted by: Troy ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 01:40AM

Those choppers look pretty threatening! And perfectly white and straight too. I think they just plug the bastard in at night.

Posted by: possiblypagan ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:17AM

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 01:49AM

When I moved to Utah, I noticed right away that no one smiled. I thought maybe it wasn't "cool" to smile. I still think that Utah Mormons look very unhappy and cross.

My little daughters can immitate the Mormon smile perfectly, and I die laughing every time they do it. They show their teeth, but their lips go down, instead of up, and it looks more like a grimace. They jut their chin out, and they stick up their nose while they exhale air out of it. They sort of "snarf" at you. Their eyes don't smile at all, but keep that blank stare.

I'd even rather see that, than the frowny faces everywhere. How often do you see one of them laugh--not snicker--but laugh in pure delight? They live a pretty depressing existance. Pleasant after-meeting chatter is strictly prohibited in the halls and foyers. After 3 hours they are ready to flee to their cars and go home, anyway.

My kids can spot Mormons anywhere--SF, Chi, Maimi, NY--anywhere in the US. They do have a weird appearance and mannerisms.

Smiles? If you're an apostate and/or a divorced woman, you're lucky if Mormons even make eye contact with you.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: September 29, 2010 09:01PM

Monson's sickly face invokes my gall bladder to flood my lungs with brown gooage.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.