Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 08:52PM

are those simply oxygen tubes running down to his nose? Is he a long time smoker?

Are they puppet strings to make his mouth move?

Are they attached to some type of factory?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtYFqns4FU&feature=relmfu

Unfortunately from the looks of him, when TSM takes the big dirt nap, Packer will not be around for long enough to make the gaffs all the exmos are hoping for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 08:54PM

That is so gross and creepy!!!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 07:36PM

dragwit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is so gross and creepy!!!

What? What the hell is "gross and creepy" about some old person needing help with their breathing?

Posted by: Mittens Romney ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:08PM

Those glasses are the better to see your little factory with.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:09PM

Speaking as an internist, and assuming he's not a closet smoker, several explanations:

1. Congestive heart failure (from high blood pressure, viral infection of heart, congenital valve disease are causes) can be helped with oxygen.

2. If he had pulmonary fibrosis (not connected with smoking), the treatment would include oxygen and steroids (his face appears to have fattened out to what doctors call a "moon facies", he looks as if he is taking steroids. Pulmonary fibrosis can be a primary disease or a sequel to collagen-vascular diseases such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. In both cases, treatment would include steroids and oxygen.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:20PM

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:15PM

are those tubes actually part of the glasses? They appear to be but I cannot see a tube anywhere around his head.

I assume it is oxygen being pumped into the geezer, but perhaps he is inhaling spray paint fumes.

Posted by: onlyme ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:24PM

Yes, they do make glasses that deliver oxygen, the tubes are built right in. oxy-view is the main brand name i've seen. They're becoming more popular, they look better than the old nasal cannula.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:17PM

Quite the white and delightsome audience, isn't it?

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:19PM

ALL of those nasty creepy men look creepy. But, you're right...He does look like oxygen tubes are built in to his glasses. Funny how just 3 years ago, I was terrified of those creepy old men...Now im not, and I would so love to tell ALL of them, especially the bishop who always targeted me that "You can all go piss up a rope, cause I ain't scared of ya anymore you bastard asses! Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:22PM

Good Lord, check out those elephant ears!

Posted by: Marcionite ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:23PM

Taking notes? Oh my. A bunch of deluded old white guys talking in vague generalities about the "spirit." What nonsense. And to think I once thought they had something of importance to say.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:26PM

Where are all those colored families--what? THey're not in leadership yet. Why they've had since the late 70's.... also, where are the Lamanites and the Latinos, the women and the disabled.

You would think the purest spirits would definitely have a place at the head of the church, right?

Anagrammy

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:31PM

He's starting to look like a TSCC version of Jabba the Hutt. Ha ha ha.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 11, 2012 09:47PM

Why is he sick? Shouldn't he be immune from illness? Why doesn't he just get a blessing and just be healed?

I ask, because I have sat thru GD classes that preached if someone was sick, it was because of a lack of faith. No other options.

I've also had more than one priesthood holder ask me what it is I did to deserve having a chronic illness.

So, Mr. Packer, Who has paraded yourself around as the epitome of faith and righteousness, Whats up????

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 07:07PM

nose plugs. Makes it more tolerable when he sticks his head up his....well, you know.

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 08:02PM

When he did gain so much weight? He is creepy

Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 08:08PM

Are you sure Packer isn't posing as our beloved stake president and writing his column?

The photos of both men look suspiciously similar nowadays.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 08:19PM

They're the Urim and Thummim. And the tubes connect them with the breastplate.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 09:10PM

there he goes again - witness of the name of christ. Wimps!

Posted by: jebus ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 11:21PM

Those are nose clamps for glasses. Old geezers wear them so when they nod off in meetings, their glasses don't fall off.

Posted by: anonymous ( )
Date: March 12, 2012 11:51PM

Why is it to insult LDS leaders you call them "old" and "sick"? Nobody wants to be old or sick or both, but detractors here seem to think it is a clever insult!

Age discrimination is rampant in our culture. Those will health problems may not be admirable, but it is no character flaw to struggle with sickness.

Posted by: jebus ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 12:03AM

Anon;
My apolologies. It did come accross as a dig at old people.

I should have said something more specific to Boyd KKK Packer himself.

He is not despised because he is old and feeble, but because of the evil and destructive influence he has been. Most of us here reverred him at one time in our lives, we find that somewhat hard to live with now.

Go in peace.

Posted by: drjekyll ( )
Date: March 13, 2012 03:59AM

on the Death Star in Return of the Jedi and he's looking upon Luke Skywalker with his own eyes... The Sith cannot hide forever. Darth Packer is being revealed to the world. Check his arm, see if there are any robotics in that wrist of his as well!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.