Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: navigator4309 ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 06:42PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bicentennial Ex ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:01PM

Worth every second.

Thank you!

Posted by: afrique ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:04PM

PERFECT! I laughed so hard at the end...

If you ever felt like sharing your exit story (if you have one) I would be very interested in hearing it! Thank you for your videos, they cheer me up on a regular basis. :) You rock!

Posted by: LOL ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:28PM

Excellent!

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 07:43PM

you are SO CUTE...I just wanna squeeze your little guts out :)

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 09:10PM

That pretty much covers it all! Loves that! Wonder how all my TBMs on FB would react if I shared that on my wall.

Date: April 01, 2012 11:32PM

Well, perhaps we'll find out in my case... this is the first video I've released to my TBM crowd... but they needed it.

Date: April 01, 2012 11:41PM

@ navigator. Let us know the reponse. Im probably going to post it

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 11:52PM

Date: April 01, 2012 11:59PM

Was that someone on this board? It was hilarious! I shared with my other exmo friends. They loved it.

Posted by: ktay ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 12:07AM

Please let us know your TBM friend's reactions to that video! It was SO good! I wish I had the guts to post it on my page. I want to but I'm too afraid of drama, plus people don't know I don't believe yet, haha. Good job once again!

Posted by: Altava ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 12:56AM

BEST.VIDEO.EVER.

I started watching your older videos and seriously these are really funny. I've always been a big fan of tongue-in-cheek sarcastic humor and you pull it off so well. :) Keep up what you are doing!

Date: April 02, 2012 10:20AM

Thanks all; the link's been up on my FB page since last night. As expected, the majority of TBM people have probably ignored it or watched it out of sheer curiosity but are "above" acknowledging it, so no surprises there. No TBMs have commented negatively publicly or privately. One comment from a TBM said "everyone's individual faith is different :)" but I suppose you could take that either way, though it's at least respectful. What has been a surprise, however, are the likes from a few people that up until 12 hours ago I would have considered to be TBMs, and a few that I suspected might not be but was a little hesitant to outright ask. My friend list only appears to have one fewer friend than before. I've also appreciated a few private messages from some folks who never had anything to do with Mormonism but have thanked me for it. A black friend from my childhood wrote and said she really appreciated that I was willing to outright come out and acknowledge the racism, saying that "we are so sorry; we messed up" is a phrase the black community rarely hears from anyone in ANY segment of society. I also had a friend from high school whom I undoubtedly offended as a TBM regarding women's rights who wrote to say it was nice to see that I had transitioned as I have.

So I'm really glad I posted this. It was nice to say some of these things not only because they're the issues that religion needs to address and won't, but also as a sort of personal admission that I have self-reflected and deconstructed my old belief system and recognize how damaging it was and am doing what I can to ensure those issues are not still lurking in my subconsciousness. I suppose if any other TBMs take issue to the point where it tarnishes our relationship, then c'est la vie, because they certainly never feel inclined to censor their beliefs.

Two asides: 1) I've loved some YouTube comments and messages from people who say that the videos helped push them over the edge and decide to leave the church. Being an apostate who's caused others to apostatize is the best compliment that church can give me; and 2) I posted the link to this on the New Order Mormon at the advice of a NOM friend and it was promptly dubbed "offensive" and deleted. I gave the moderator a polite but firm piece of my mind about the double standard that implied and will not be returning there. There really seems to be little hope for this religion's institutionalization in any form.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 10:24AM by navigator4309.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:27AM

Personally, I would appreciate your videos being run s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y slower, because I feel like I miss some of what you are saying, and I don't want to miss anything! I may be in the minority, however.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:50AM

I hear when I read your stuff, and it's kind of annoying!

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 07:38PM

LMAO That problem might be on your end.

Date: April 02, 2012 09:29PM

As requested, I finally got a FB page up: https://www.facebook.com/MormonAmbassador

Posted by: nonmoparents ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 06:40PM

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 10:45AM

Awesome!!!! That's a lot of doctrinal topics in 8 minutes. All of them are important and need to be addressed by the church if it is going to survive......I doubt they will and I hope they re-organize the church because of all of these issues.

Good work.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 03:48PM

Bump, in case anyone missed this. Everyone can always use a good laugh.

Posted by: reasonabledoubt ( )
Date: April 02, 2012 07:28PM

I'll FB share, to the usual ensuing chorus of crickets, lol.

Date: April 02, 2012 09:31PM

Silence is golden when it comes to issues like this; it means you've found one of those rare occasions when they just can't say a thing. :)

Posted by: rimouski85 ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:06PM

How anyone could watch that and have an apologetic response is beyond me. Sort of just emphasizes that these people are not interested in reality, but merely choose to believe this way, except they then go around the world insisting that their deliberate decision to dismiss reality is proof that their "reality" is real. Ugh. Head-ache.

Date: April 02, 2012 09:30PM

As requested, I finally got a FB page up: https://www.facebook.com/MormonAmbassador

Posted by: a fan ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 05:25PM

This is the new perky saying around my house:
Oh, Hi Friend!
We are having fun with it.
Thanks for making the videos. : )

Posted by: Zigzag1257 ( )
Date: April 14, 2012 02:00AM

Follow the Profit He knows the way!...Oh Hi Friend! You are brilliant, brave, "honest, true and doing good to all men!" Keep up the "good works"! I absolutely love you! For real, no buts, excepts or anything!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.