Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:11PM

...thoroughly enjoyable Sundays can be.

Today I slept in till 9:30, the time church starts at our ward. Got the bookkeeping out of the way; annual accounts for the Companies House are due Sep 30 and it looks like I'm just going to make it.

Sat outside with a Cuban cigar and played a board game with my youngest. Then I worked in my garden a bit in the autumn sun. Nothing heavy, just removing some fallen leaves, picking old flowers and adding a little fertilizer here and there.

Then I had another cigar, Nicaraguan this time. The sun kept peeking through the fall clouds. Had a cup of coffee. Cigar + coffee + whisky = great combo but I was too lazy to get up and get the whisky. An 18 yo Coal Ila would have been perfect.

The sound of my oldest daughter's violin practice drifted through the window into the garden; she's playing a melancholy Irish folk song.

Took an afternoon stroll with DW and dropped off a package in the mailbox. Picked up our youngest from the park behind our house where she played all day with kids from the neighbourhood.

We all had a very agreeable dinner where I told stories of how we used to harvest wheat when I was a kid.

Watched some TV, played some piano and now I'm off to bed. The alarm will sound at 5:15 but I don't mind. Having just enjoyed a relaxing two-day weekend gives me enough energy to last another week. Three years out and every weekend is still like a gift. Will I ever get used to it? I hope not...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:15PM

Sounds wonderful. Games, music, playtime, quiet, sleep. Who could ask for much more. Oh, maybe a great movie. These are the days they will remember.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:19PM

Sense and Sensibility - not my cup of tea :-(

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 04:22PM

I am so much happier without my part/full-time job with LDS Inc., and I love not working for LDS Inc. on Sundays, I love not to hearing their lies and propaganda all the time, not to have a calling and a lesson to prepare and a meeting to attend and constant demands of running their business.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 06:10PM

What a fun day. 18 holes of golf, Texas scramble, big steak dinner, prizes, beer, great guys. No manipulation, or guilting. (Our team came in 2nd btw with 5 under par)

And I did hit a few great 6 irons, btw, lol.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 06:42PM

You are absolutely right Sunday is now one of my most favorite days and it is full of peace and truly a day of rest.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:52AM

Everyday is about the same, Sunday also! No more schedule!
Sunday is usually family day -- we see some of our family and our middle son BBQ's...he lives with two chefs so I am not allowed to touch the food! (Fine with me! )

I purposely don't look back. I'm learning the value and peace of mind of living in the present!

One day at a time--this is enough.
Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet
come.
Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth
remembering. - Author Unknown

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 08:32PM

and every Sunday I reflect on how wonderful and relaxing the weekend was. I truly feel ready for Mondays now. Before, I was always so stressed. The weekend flew by. There wasn't enough time to unwind. *sigh*

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.