Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TXanon ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 11:58AM

SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) -- Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs has been extradited from Utah to Texas to face trial on bigamy and sexual assault charges, the Texas Attorney General's Office said Wednesday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_POLYGAMIST_LEADER?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-12-01-10-07-43

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 12:18PM

A link to a PDF document (from the link in the original post above) takes one to testimony that includes Jeffs taking a 12-year-old girl for marriage, as well as participating in the marriages of 14 and 15 year-old girls to older men.

The PDF includes excerpts from letters or notes written by the girls, saying, for example, that they are praying to become a Heavenly Comfort wife, or signing their notes "Your Eternal Wife," etc.

Testimony from women in the Texas colony includes statements that there cannot be any "abuse" because all the marriages are sacred and prompted by God.

Testimony from Carolyn Jessop includes evidence of girls sobbing because they did not want to get married.

Carolyn Jessop's testimony also includes harrowing tales of discipline, such as the time a one-year-old boy would not eat solid food, prompting the father to discipline him by holding his face under running tap water and spanking him until the child was exhausted. (The father wanted the child weaned from breast milk.)

Her testimony also includes an instance of a child being yanked out of a highchair and being subjected to beatings with a straw broom.

The amount of violence is sickening.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 12:30PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 01:29PM

Where do I get one ?

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 12:20PM

The slime ball.

TG

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 03:35PM

It sure appears that way! Check out the comments on the San Angelo News. And there will be more later on.

http://m.gosanangelo.com/news/news/local/FLDS/

Posted by: worldwatcher ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 05:27PM

Nina Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sure appears that way! Check out the comments
> on the San Angelo News. And there will be more
> later on.
>
> http://m.gosanangelo.com/news/news/local/FLDS/

One of the comments:

"Barney 3:14 p.m. 12/1/2010

I hope he didn't bring any "avenging angels" with him.You would think that people should outgrow imaginary friends at his age."

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 12:23PM

Edit:

THIS kind of crap is why mormons were driven out of every state they settled in. No one wants pedophiles and polygamists in their backyards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 12:26PM by maria.

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 12:31PM

Click on the links in the article to see more photos. Sick stuff. Poor girls.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/kiss-jeffs

TG

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 01:12PM

I just threw up a little. What a sick "testa di cazzo"

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 02:40PM

because he later married her! Now it's coming back to bite him in the arse because it turns out the creep molested another child 250 times during and after the "marriage".

This shows an underlying idea that underage sex is ok if they marry later????? And the fact that a governor even GAVE that as an excuse undermines our American moral imperative to protect young girls from sexual predators.

Sickens me

Anagrammy

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 06:46PM

Rape was OK if you paid a fine to the victim's father and then married your victim.

Posted by: Holly ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 05:02AM

Good point, but something we have to remember, is that as harsh as Hebrew law sounds to us today, it was an IMPROVEMENT over Roman law, which was the status quo at the time. The death penalty, for example, was almost IMPOSSIBLE to implement under Jewish law. Laws such as you quote, as disgusting as they sound today, were set to PROTECT a woman who's value was pretty much nothing at that point in time if she was raped (therefore not a virgin).

In contrast, then, how would such laws be an IMPROVEMENT today? They would not. These are completely different times today, and we have (or should have) completely different laws.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:15PM

and it would not bother me one bit if he received some of that jail justice like Jeffrey Dahmer did.

Anagrammy

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 03:09PM

We don't fuc# around down here in Texas. He'll go to Huntsville where Bubba and Jacob will fill his sunshine hole unending. We don't abide that shit here.

Ron

Posted by: Margie ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 06:22PM

So Utah is finished with him? Case overturned? I do not understand all the "legalese" I read about. I am glad he is in Texas now (that's where I am.). I sure hope Texas will lock him up forever.

Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 06:43PM

I hope they show that piece of shit some real Texas Justice!

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:23PM

Praise Jeezus!

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:20PM

About time!!! Anyone out there heard how he's doing in jail? Does he have a cellie named Big Bubba??

Posted by: Comfortably Numb ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 03:24PM

Utah may be biased about punishing polygamists and child abusers but Texas will teach him a lesson for sure. He really build that compound in the wrong state to be messing with women and children!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.