Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 05:22PM

...even though they should have been uber-blessed? And what was the excuse...er...reason..er...explanation why they got hosed? I guess I'm just in a snarky mood today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 05:45PM

I was laid off from my job about two years after I left the Church, and everyone sang "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" for joy, because the apostate finally got his.

However, my bishop also was laid off from his job at that same time, but he didn't fare as well as I did. He sold his house and moved his family to Utah where he went to work for the COB for FREE. His thinking was that he would work for them for a year for free, and they would be so impressed with his ability that they would hire him on. Well, they let him work for free for a year and after that they didn't hire him on. Oops. So, he moved his family back out to our state again only to another town about two hours away where he wouldn't have to see anyone. He and his brother started a business, and I lost track of him after that.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 05:58PM

We had a couple of bishops in our Stake lose their jobs right after they were called. We also had one of the SP counselors go through job loss. "That ain't supposed to happen" (according to my TBM FIL).

The most screwed-up hard luck family I ever home taught was a seminary teacher's family. OMG constant drama, illness, freak injuries, etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.