Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Yewt102 ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 06:47PM

A friend of mine is mormon but hasn't attended church since she was a small child. She is very NOT mormon, however she met an RM about a week and a half ago and is dead set on marrying him. He insists on the temple.

She has already agreed that if I gave her some information on the temple ceremony she would read it, and has stated she would like to know what she is getting into.

Can someone please direct me a link of a good description of the temple ceremony (and maybe the changes) that I can print out and have her read?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:16AM

Wow, I just watched the excommunication videos.

It was nice fo the council to let him speak his mind and say his peice.

And I suppose the president did point out some reasonable defenses about how the church itself prints books that do not show the founder of the church in the best light. So that could be considered not choking off all information resources outside just the gospel.

But still it is misleading that we are told one story in church, and we have to find out differently on our own.

It does kind of sicken me how the council just kept telling him that all the details he found proving the BOM false were "irrelevant". That's not true, they are EXTREMELY relevant, because the question at that meeting was weather or not the BOM was true. And if I were him, I would have pointed that out every time the pres. told me that a fact was "irrelevant or unrelated to the meeting".

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 08:55PM

Thanks for doing this for your friend. I hope it helps to wake her up!!!

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:09AM

See also "Mormon Temples and Temple Rituals" at http://packham.n4m.org/temples.htm, which also has many links to recordings and other fundamental material.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:43AM

Here's one of the best ones I have found. It describes the entire ceremony, and tells all the changes that took place between 1990.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:10AM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:51AM

Posted by: Convert ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:45PM

Watch this temple scene from Big Love

http://espanol.video.yahoo.com/watch/5656788/14833055

BTW if you have a lot of LDS people on your facebook, post that video. I did, it was awesome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.