Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: I'm afraid you're gonna be mad ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:51PM

Well, not really. I mean, some of you will hate me for doing what I did. I have a big collection of BoM's and some temple garments from my Mormon past. When I go to work each morning, I pass a Mormon church, and I have tossed out several BoM's, a D&C/PoGP, and temple garments on the road in front of the church. I work gawd awful early so there is no traffic on the road, so no one ever sees me and I don't get in trouble. Yes, my name is xxx, and I'm a litterbug. I'm so sorry. But it's so sweet to do it. It feels good, really. It feels so right, so it can't be wrong. That's how my Mormon testimony worked, so again, it must be right.

Mostly the stuff is gone when I return home, although there is one mushed up book still on the shoulder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: imbadash ( )
Date: December 01, 2010 10:57PM

tee heee heee...wish I lived close enough to cause mischeif like that..although I dont condone littering so shame on you...on the other hand...teee heee heee.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:36AM

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:53AM

Anyone who drives by and sees something like that will think, "Another disgruntled Mormon." A picture is worth a thousand words.

Keep doing this! There aren't enough BOM's and garments in the world. Can we mail our Mormon paraphernalia to you?

Posted by: benmo ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:57AM

I think it would be funny to take a dump in the garments then leave them on the doorstep of the church.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:04AM

You should be throwing them out the car window on Interstate 15 in Salt Lake.

Posted by: dino ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:11AM

Good idea, I work near a stake center, but there is little traffic near it. I/we should do it during the x-mas devotional this weekend

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:14AM

Whatever helps you release the frustration and anger has got to be good. I would love to see that just as the sun comes up. AT least you are putting it right where it belongs- at the cult headquarters.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 04:53AM

Build a garmie scarecrow.

Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:38AM

Build a temple costume scarecrow!

Posted by: LordBritish ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:56AM

Yeah, I do that same thing with starbucks..they pissed me off and I just throw glasses and coffee mugs I get from other vendors towards their establishment that shatter in front of their door.

Oh wait. I don't.

I just don't see this technique winning over any hearts and minds on either front, I see it just raising the level of 'persecution complex' up past the '11' it currently sits on to possibly a 12 or 13. But that's just me.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 10:03AM

Hey George.........
What do you think about this? :)

I wouldn't litter....but that's just me.

And if the BOMs are older I'd keep them for EVIDENCE.

A bon fire at the beach would be lots more fun.

K

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.