Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 12:07PM

The Rapture will occur on May 21, 2011.

And God will destroy the world by fire five months later on October 21, 2011.

Here's the proof: http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

Mark your calendars now.

I don't know about you, but I'm having a HUGE barbeque on Oct. 21, 2011.

I want to hear what these believers will say on October 22 .....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:32PM

I think a bbq is a good idea.

What is wrong with people like this? The whole apocalyptic midset is just mind boggling.

A good [podcast that goes over some of the apocalyptic mindset is on itunes U. Its free. Look for Thomas Sheehan's History of Jesus.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:19PM

..."The Historical Jesus: A conversation with Thomas Sheehan"

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:36PM

back and smite the unbelievers and glorify "his chosen". At least my dad says so...

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:48PM

These new model bullchip thingies from Costco are interchangeable, and I had one on when I switched from reading LDS membership claims to Seventh Day Adventist... Same ship, different shipper...

Anyway, here's a bit about "The Great Disappointment":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Seventh-day_Adventist_Church

>The Seventh-day Adventist Church formed out of the movement known today as the Millerites. In 1831, a Baptist convert, William Miller (until then a Deist), was asked by a Baptist to preach in their church and began to preach that the Second Advent of Jesus would occur somewhere between 1843 and 1844, based on his interpretation of Daniel 8:14. A following gathered around Miller that included many from the Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian and Christian Connection churches. After a number of revisions, October 22 was considered the most probable date that the return would occur. By 1844, over 100,000 people were anticipating what Miller had dubbed as the "Blessed Hope". On October 22 many of the believers were up late into the night watching, waiting for Christ to return and found themselves bitterly disappointed when both sunset and midnight passed with their expectations unfulfilled. This event later became known as the Great Disappointment.

Hot dang! There's that same October 22 date... I hope these guys have extra days from Leap Years figured into their calculations...

Posted by: php ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:56PM

Can we sue them when it doesn't come true? ugh...the nerves of these people.

Posted by: exmo99 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 01:57PM

Isn't our calendar off by 5 years of something because of a mistake made in the 500's or 600's when everything was being put together?

Posted by: phyllis ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:12PM

is that what you're thinking of?

I'm not aware of a 5-year error.

Posted by: ipseego ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 05:09AM

"Isn't our calendar off by 5 years of something because of a mistake made in the 500's or 600's when everything was being put together?"

Dionysius Exiguus (ca. 470-544 AD), who calculated the year of the birth of Jesus, made a mistake of some years because he forgot that the emperor Augustus first reigned for some years under the name of Octavian. So our numbering of years "after the birth of Christ" is off.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 02:03PM

that he reveals in advance that it's all just a game (goats vs. sheep) when he whisks off the board 144,000 pieces to Rapturedom and flames the rest. We really didn't have free choice at all since he told us all we would be burned to death if we made the wrong choice.

After the death of many innocent righteous believing people, one-third of all goats and sheep living, those who remain will live a peaceful life because its under his rule - a Reign of Peace.

How can this be a victory for good if God had to intervene and enforce good by destroying bad?

Since we ourselves didn't learn how to live peacefully together, what did we learn?

Same thing we learned from the Flood--nothing.

I know----God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. The wonder is that anybody actually believes this.

Anagrammy

PS Anybody planning an Apocalypse Party on December 21, 2012? I am designing a cocktail with wheat kernels in the bottom...:)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 02:06PM

I worked with one of those born again nut jobs that thought the rapture was going to happen in the year 2000. He had a good time running up a lot of debt and sadly Jesus didn't save him from his splurging.

Posted by: Gwylym ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 02:30PM

So what did he say when the world didn't end?

Posted by: nalicea ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 08:22PM

But I read that link as "ediblefellowship" instead of ebiblefellowship.... Not just once, but a few times.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:45PM

nalicea Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But I read that link as "ediblefellowship" instead
> of ebiblefellowship.... Not just once, but a few
> times.

ME TOO!!!:-) I am usually just: "Sideways" though!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:36PM

Guess I am going to have a blow out BD party!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 10:01PM

so, I wonder what these folks are going to say when the day comes and goes and it's just...well...another day???

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 10:47PM

'cuz God doesn't want those pesky scientists celebrating another mole day.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:40AM

No, really. What did the 7th Day people say when Jesus didn't come? I'm amazed they haven't disbanded yet.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 05:49AM

that gave a end of the world date as Feb ? 87.

I thought, well don't schedule anything after that date.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.