Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 10:39PM

and I'm ecstatic! It's even better than that. Included in the envelope is my ordination paperwork for the Aaronic priesthood, my baby blessing and my confirmation certificate.

I can't believe my good luck. Here I was just about to frame my confirmation of resignation letter and I thought it would be lonely on the wall. Now it will have some excellent company.

Turns out my dad was cleaning out his basement a few years back and he sent me a box of old pictures and other random stuff. I don't know how but I passed right over this envelope. Now I'm cleaning out my basment and there it was.

A funny detail. I couldn't help but notice there is a signature line on the bottom of the baptism certificate. My name is signed there but not in my handwriting or my father's. I wonder who did that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 26, 2010 11:02PM

Congratulations.

I remember signing my certificate because I was just learning curvise and wanted to do the signiture properly. I'll probably never find it though.

Posted by: Molly Misanthrope ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 12:41AM

Maybe the bishop or the fellow who performed the baptism signed the certificate?

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: September 27, 2010 02:34AM

but I can't think of why he would have signed my name rather than just writing it or having me write it myself. It doesn't matter and there's no way to find out now. Just a strange detail.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.