Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMorgbot ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 06:03PM

My cousin who has been staying with us for a couple of nights now, is on his way home from his mission. He flew with his parents to our house, and then will be driving the rest of the way home. We are like the halfway point so it just worked out for them.

He is nauseatingly TBM, and has been consistently on our backs about my resignation. While he stays in our damn house. I love the guy and all, but totally rude.

Anyway, my husband is always trying to have a Christlike attitude and all that, so he just ignores him for the most part. I however don't like being nagged at by my cousin who is only 21 years old. He doesn't do it when his parents are listening, because they would kick his ass for being rude. They are actually cool people. I don't know what his problem is

Today as he was leaving to go back home, we were giving him hugs and handshakes while his parents were loading their car. He was unprepared for my husband to shake his hand, so it was kind of fumbled. When he shook my husband's hand he gripped it kinda awkwardly, and my husband smiled and joked "trying to throw me a little Sure Sign of the Nail, are ya?"

My cousin was PISSED. He popped off "I don't appreciate you mocking my religion". My husband calmly responded "well, I don't appreciate you using your religion to verbally assault my wife with over the last 48 hours, but that hasn't stopped you has it?"

I'm guessing we are no longer on his Christmas card list? Lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 06:05PM

Bravo to your husband!

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 06:08PM

That was suh-WEET!

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:42AM

Give him a kiss and a hug from me. What a man!

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 06:10PM

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 06:59PM

then it is good enough for your hubby

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nickleus/4586320400/

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 07:11PM

as long as you're okay with it.

Normal nevermo men don't like to sit by and watch the woman they love be verbally assaulted.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 07:11PM

How sad that he was apparently the biggest washer in his brainwashing stint. :(

But I've read here that many Returned Missionaries actually come down from their high horses to lead almost normal lives later on. So give him some time and maybe he'll become less insufferable.

:)

Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 07:52PM

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 07:56PM

little snot in his place. Welcome to the real world RM! Rudeness will not be tolerated. Time to grow up and be polite!

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 08:39PM

You so rarely call anybody a name, but you are right. He is a little snot!

And her husband was very cool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 08:39PM by Adult of god.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 08:47PM

Adult of god Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You so rarely call anybody a name, but you are
> right. He is a little snot!
>
> And her husband was very cool!

I don't know what it is about some (not all) missionaries and recent RM's but they can be the most rude, arrogant "snots" aka boorish !!

My husband was a recent RM when I met him and he was a total gentleman. Guess he spoiled me! :-) But that was 1962! I think people had better manners in those days. Today I can't find a kid that knows what: propriety (state of being proper) means! :-)

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 11:18PM

SusieQ#1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> little snot in his place. Welcome to the real
> world RM! Rudeness will not be tolerated. Time to
> grow up and be polite!

That little snot needed the verbal slap that Ex's husband gave him. Well done, sir!

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 09:14PM

Posted by: ExMorgbot ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 10:58PM

It's good to know i'm not the only one who giggled over it. My husband is such a sweethearted man, he really does try to give everyone a fair shake. He has put up with my ridiculous TBM family and has been so kind to them. Most of them recognize what a good man he is despite his non-membership. Some (like my jackass cousin) are jerks regardless.

It shouldn't even matter if he was religious at all. It's not like it has any bearing on what makes a good person or a bad one. But you would think the fact that he's a Christian would be comforting enough for them. We are talking about a man who has devoted countless hours to his own church (non-denominational) and is a leader in one of their charity organizations. Even went to Bible college. It's not like he's some kind of heathen.

Besides that, my cousin is just a self-righteous douchebag. He served his mission in Idaho for fucks sake. It's not like he had any great challenges or victories. I don't know why he's so friggen proud of himself.

I was very excited watching the hub put him in his place.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: December 02, 2010 11:01PM

Posted by: freed ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:04AM

YouTube chats are filled with those same type LDS "snots".

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 01:17AM

the problem is this guy has been on a full time mission for 2 years! I totally understand your aggravation, but you are acting like you are surprised that you were just snipped at by a german shepherd that just got through with Junk yard guard dog training. THis is not a normal person you are talking about!

Honestly, I am surprised that the mental asylums are not over run with return LDS missionaries.

as for mocking the LDS religion? MORmONS should check out what they did to themselves when they sustained bozo @$$ clown gordon BS hinckley to their highest post.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: December 03, 2010 02:41AM

Haha, if I could give ur hubby a high-5 I would! That was awesome.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.